Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Bro, just get bigger feet
    That sure seems like a simpler solution...you’re in med school, right? Any suggestions?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    That sure seems like a simpler solution...you’re in med school, right? Any suggestions?
    Clown school

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Clown school
    Does that include Z3 Coupes?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Don’t have small feet?

Clown school
    A viable alternative

Does that include Z3 Coupes?
    Yeah, tuition pays for one for every 10 students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhh kinda. I put the Bavsound speakers in one half of the car to see if I noticed a difference in sound quality from the OE HK speakers...and I don't remember which side it was, if that tells you anything. I guess I should finish out the install and see if it sounds any better and report back.
    @BMWCurves

To elaborate on this a bit, after I got my android headunit going, I compared left/right side and the Bavsound speakers were noticeably clearer/punchier than the OE HK.

Now I finally got the rest of the Bavsound set installed and hopped in the car this morning expecting a full, rich sound, and it was wonky af. Turns out there is some break in required for speakers. So right now, the speakers with 1 year of use sound awesome, and the speakers fresh out of the box sound almost as weak/muddy as the HK. That explains why I didn't notice much of a difference right after install.

That's a relief. Hsd no idea there was a breakin period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    That's a relief. Hsd no idea there was a breakin period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Me neither! I was flipping the balance between the rear woofers this morning trying to figure out how I installed the new one wrong...it's just two freaking wires...but...it sounds like the muddy HK...did I even put it in? Am I losing my mind?

Then I remembered a comment that I had read in passing the other day where someone was like "the new speakers sounded pretty good out of the box and even better after break in!"

Turns out it's a very real and audible thing that can take up to 100 hours. Guess I should leave the car running on blast while I'm at work for the next week.

https://www.klipsch.com/blog/how-and...r-new-speakers

Me neither! I was flipping the balance between the rear woofers this morning trying to figure out how I installed the new one wrong...it's just two freaking wires...but...it sounds like the muddy HK...did I even put it in? Am I losing my mind?

Then I remembered a comment that I had read in passing the other day where someone was like "the new speakers sounded pretty good out of the box and even better after break in!"

Turns out it's a very real and audible thing that can take up to 100 hours. Guess I should leave the car running on blast while I'm at work for the next week.

https://www.klipsch.com/blog/how-and...r-new-speakers
    Looking forward to that update in 100 hours

Got a little too wild the night before the 4th, so I spent my holiday chugging gatorade and working on the interior of the red car.

Started off pulling the seats and then got distracted into installing my OMP pedals that I had in my Mazda. I think I drilled 5 holes in the gas pedal before I got something to fit. Hungover me isn't so great at the whole measuring twice thing.

Note that the clutch pedal is shorter because I had to cut the lower 1/2in off to keep it from catching the floor mat in my Mazda. Not something that I care enough about to pay for a new set for this car.

Got distracted again with painting the faded cloth on the HK door pulls.

fresh2deaf

Then mocked up my new shift boots that I had been sitting on for months. Told myself that I couldn't install them until I refinished the rest of the console. You gotta set limits on the child in your head...

I also had forgotten about the whole boot glued to the frame thing and didn't want to shred my decent condition OE boots, so I ran by the local Pull-A-Part with a knife and mercilessly gutted some leather boots on a few cars. I think I came away with an extra set of frames if anyone needs them.

Popped her in to check the fitment...

Then Spenser told me it was backwards...

There we go! Stitching is nice and hidden. Who designed this?

Next was a hot bath with my center console and a scrubby dish sponge. Looked kind of wonky afterwards, but one coat of Aerospace 303 and that ish was lookin fresh. The bare plastic is a little shinier than I prefer, but the finish is consistent and I can hit this thing with a golf club and not scratch it. Thumbs way the f up.

Then I cleaned out a couple pounds of dog hair and installed the new (to me) alcantara seats and door panels that I went up to Cincinnasty to get a few weeks ago.

Swapping door panels meant finally finishing my Bavsound Stage 1 speaker install, which I talked about a few posts back. And apparently the seats had sat long enough (~3 years?) that the motors had seized up, so I swapped all 8 (four per seat wtf) motors over from my old seats and we were good to go!

Current status, with that badass ultimate sunshade in place:

Last edited by ZHPizza; 07-09-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Looks amazing!
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast