Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does everyone get their clutch?

I have been 5 speed swapped for a while and am joining the real ZHP gang again with a ZHP 6 speed trans. I have found very little info on clutch parts. Does anyone have a suggestion on company or place to buy a lightweight flywheel and "Stage 1" clutch. Thanks
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    I have been 5 speed swapped for a while and am joining the real ZHP gang again with a ZHP 6 speed trans. I have found very little info on clutch parts. Does anyone have a suggestion on company or place to buy a lightweight flywheel and "Stage 1" clutch. Thanks
    OEM

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

UUC for life here. Back in Oct of last year, I had their old lightweight system replaced with their newest one. Organic street spec clutch and a lightweight flywheel with replaceable friction plates. Followed the break in period to the letter and I've not had any issues.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    UUC for life here. Back in Oct of last year, I had their old lightweight system replaced with their newest one. Organic street spec clutch and a lightweight flywheel with replaceable friction plates. Followed the break in period to the letter and I've not had any issues.
    Chatter tho?

Clutchmasters has their fx400 full kit on sale. Little aggressive but I may go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

It happens. It's not a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Chatter tho?
    Sent from the missing 10mm

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    It's not a bad thing.

Guess I didn't get the memo.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Guess I didn't get the memo.
    It honestly doesn't bother me lol. Plus, for me, bad is can't be fixed. Chatter can be prevented. For my purposes, the inertia payoff is worth it. Follow the break in period as if it were law and don't ride the clutch. I haven't had any serious chatter with either of the UUC setups on this car. The last one chattered quite a bit at the very end of it's life span. That was really it. It was also the old M5 kit. While I do not subscribe to marketing, UUC makes a great point in this article below. Use a sprung clutch if you are going with a LW setup. I have their sprung clutch in my car and notice little to no chatter. Combined with a drive train rebuilt, that included tearing my tranny down for signs of wear and running Redline ATF, I have no issues.
    http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/gear_rattle.htm

Sent from the missing 10mm
    Last edited by Fenrir; 06-25-2018 at 01:50 PM.

-Ben

ECStuning offers a variety of options and price points. That is where I ordered the Valeo single mass conversion kit.

There is also a Sachs clutch kit as well but almost $1k without a flywheel. Ouch

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Don't get anything from UUC, their quality is severely lacking as well as their customer service for said parts.

If you're swapping to a 6MT you'll have to replace the flywheel as well because the pilot bearing is in the flywheel. Figured you already knew that since you already mentioned a LWF.

I have a JB Racing LWF and clutchmasters FX300 and its been great with zero chatter and doesn't slip under boost at all.

Link to JB Racing LWF. PN 520-190-240

Link to FX300.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast