Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2015 328i xdrive sport wagon

Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post. Feel free to move if it's not. Buying my wife a newer car. Found a 2015 328i xdrive wagon. 34,000 miles CPO for 23k. Thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow. Any reasons not to? It would come with almost 20month bumper to bumper BMW warranty. It's in amazing shape, not a scratch on it. Looks brand new. Has heated seats, auto dim mirrors, panoramic sunroof, navigation. The only thing it doesn't have that would be nice are sport seats. Not very familiar with xdrive. Haven't been able to find too much negative via the interwebz. Wondering what you all think? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by phillipjfry; 02-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

That sounds good to me. I drove a F30 sedan AWD some months ago, I could not tell a difference compared to my F30 RWD. Keep us posted !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Went in today to buy it. BMW messed up, and it wasn't certified like the dealer said. They offered to "throw in" a one year warranty for $1,600. My wife and I started packing our stuff to leave as soon as the finance guy gave us that generous offer. Oh well, the hunt is back on.

Bummer. Oh, well. There's another one out there waiting for you.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Ended up with a 2016 subaru legacy 3.6r limited. I was really surprised how much I like the car. I actually really like the sort of generic styling, and the interior is super comfortable. It checked all the boxes but made in Germany..

I had an e91 for a couple of years. I would not suggest buying it...
    -it's a huge pain in the balls to work on. Every. Single. Project. This was the main reason we sold it
    -the panoramic sunroom makes back seat headroom useless
    -BMW used incredibly squishy subframe bushings to hide the harshness of the runflat tires. In order to make the car drive like the body is attached to the suspension you need to replace these with m3 subframe bushings (and get rid of the runflats)
    -e9Xs are heavy in general
    -the n52 burns at least one coil every 10,000 miles :P. Endless coil replacement.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91

Quote Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
    I had an e91 for a couple of years. I would not suggest buying it...
    -it's a huge pain in the balls to work on. Every. Single. Project. This was the main reason we sold it
    -the panoramic sunroom makes back seat headroom useless
    -BMW used incredibly squishy subframe bushings to hide the harshness of the runflat tires. In order to make the car drive like the body is attached to the suspension you need to replace these with m3 subframe bushings (and get rid of the runflats)
    -e9Xs are heavy in general
    -the n52 burns at least one coil every 10,000 miles :P. Endless coil replacement.

The OP was looking at an F31, not an E91.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The OP was looking at an F31, not an E91.
    Derp. I fail.

Well, everything F3X is garbage, so... burn it in a fire.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91

Quote Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
    Derp. I fail.

Well, everything F3X is garbage, so... burn it in a fire.
    Agreed. I've never been super impressed with any of the F3x cars, whether it was a base 320i or a fully loaded 328i xDrive touring. The 4 cylinder models are just super coarse and unrefined, and they feel more like an economy car than a BMW. The electric steering is straight trash as well. The 6 cylinder models are a lot nicer in terms of the drivetrain, but they still suffer from the generally cheap build quality that plagues all of the F3x cars.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

I beg to differ. I own a 2015 F33 convertible (435ix) and it is not a trash vehicle at all. It is an impressive ride. Yes, the steering is not stiff like my E46 ZHP convertible. It is not wimpy washy careening off the road because of poor steering feel, either. My F33 gives me plenty of steering feedback. Of course, the reader has to de-rate my opinions on steering feel because of my advanced age (66) and predilection to have my fun accelerating on interstate entrance ramps and not running around curves at places like VIR where steering feel differences are probably more acutely discernible when driving 9/10.

The F33 interior build quality is not shabby. Everything is within reach, works as it should, looks good, etc. I design products in plastics (injection, extrusion and rotational molding). I appreciate the complex and practical shapes made in plastics. I'm thinking about compromises all the time such as enjoying short acceleration jaunts to insert into interstate traffic that is not moving over, contemplating how much CO2 my drive is emitting and so forth. While I truly enjoy the more analog experience of my 2004 E46, the F33 is more in step with where my mental arguments are taking me these days. Lighter, more efficient, more optionality (turbocharged engine for more power while burning less fuel at stoplights with the Eco setting).

I am expecting to get a heavy flaming from my fellow ZHP owners for making these comments. I appreciate critical comments. Our society needs more thoughtful debates at all levels, including us car enthusiasts. Let's hope they do not take our car ownership choices away from us. Period. Remember Mark Twain's quote: "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."
    2004 CiC 6MT Silver Gray (A08) Black Interior 1 of 51 Made
    Intravee - Navigation - Back-up Sensors - Cold Weather Package - Home Link Mirror
    Winter Hardtop, too - A Sweet Ride

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast