Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2268 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1268176821682218225822662267226822692270227823182368 ... LastLast
Results 22,671 to 22,680 of 26150
    Man, I would've picked up an E46 touring if they weren't so expensive generally. Jelly of y'all with the E46's. The E39 Touring I ended up with is great and everything, but there are so many more resources out there for the E46 platform. I'm usually left high and dry trying to figure out certain things by myself with the E39.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Oh god, those eBay/AliExpress headlights were a cry for help!

Everyone getting E46 Tourings has be thinking bad things...
    Trust me when I say, it was complete happenstance I even bought the car... I’ve just been on LetGo constantly to sell a bunch of project cars me and my brothers have just had enough with and you know, typical bmw-guy stuff
    Always have to search the following “BMW wagon, touring, bmw E46, BMW 325” just for shiggles

- the reason for this above all else is, that’s how I scored my full option E46 M3 seats since they were listed as “BMW 330 seats”

Saw the ad for well below market value so I promptly contacted him to view the car, needed a major interior rehab which I’ve done my best with and I have to say E46’s clean up particularly well.

Point is after pointing out it needs a Center Support Bearing & New Fan Clutch, I got my wagon ridiculously cheap because the guy didn’t know anything about BMW’s lol ... The car has some issues that I want address on here with you guys first since I’ve never encountered them before and not to sure how to proceed. I’ll see if I start a thread for the car later on this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Assuming you’ve checked the door seal, sunroof drains (if it’s not a slicktop), and vapor barrier?

Also a box fan can be incredibly useful for wet floorboards. My X3 has a vapor barrier leak and the box fan dried it out overnight.
    Poor weather has had me shy away from the checking the most notorious of culprits, as soon as we get some sunshine here in NY (or a day above 40) I’ll continue my search! I’ll keep the fan in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    Is the vapor barrier torn in the door, and is the wiring seal from the door into the body bolted in snugly? That's where I was getting from in my car.

I also picked up a touring on the 15th, and I'm loving it. It's a curse, I already have $2k+ worth of parts purchases planned for it.
    If it is torn, I have a full set of 4 vapor barriers from my previous sedan so those will live on in my wagon lol

I don’t want to turn my wagon into a project considering I have enough spare parts to make it look like a true enthusiast car again lol my sedan is my true money pit

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Man, I would've picked up an E46 touring if they weren't so expensive generally. Jelly of y'all with the E46's. The E39 Touring I ended up with is great and everything, but there are so many more resources out there for the E46 platform. I'm usually left high and dry trying to figure out certain things by myself with the E39.
    Have you tried E39source? I know those guys are pretty in depth with there explanations and DIY’s from what I’ve seen in the past

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Have you tried E39source? I know those guys are pretty in depth with there explanations and DIY’s from what I’ve seen in the past

All of my searches come from Google, which pulls from everywhere...
    The problem is there isn't much touring specific knowledge out there. Most of what I needed to find were touring-specific issues. Surprisingly, YouTube has very few videos on touring stuff.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by Don Adolfo View Post
    Oil and filters changed and washed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey Adolpho. Hope all is well with you, family, and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    All of my searches come from Google, which pulls from everywhere...
    The problem is there isn't much touring specific knowledge out there. Most of what I needed to find were touring-specific issues. Surprisingly, YouTube has very few videos on touring stuff.
    If you need a personal resource. I might be able to help you. A great local friend of mine has a 540iT. And he swapped a 6MT into it in like 6 hours. He knows cars and cars know him. Haha. He’s beyond anything I’ll ever know. But he’s a good text message lifeline. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    If you need a personal resource. I might be able to help you. A great local friend of mine has a 540iT. And he swapped a 6MT into it in like 6 hours. He knows cars and cars know him. Haha. He’s beyond anything I’ll ever know. But he’s a good text message lifeline. LOL
    Thanks my dude.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Rebuilt the DISA and cleaned out the ICV on the Touring after work yesterday. It's idling and running a lot better/smoother now, since the O-ring on the OE DISA was shot. I forgot how awful getting those stupid clamps lose on the intake boots was.

There are still vacuum leaks, which I know is going to be the CCV, which leads me to my next conundrum. Do I want to swap over the SULEV M56 Valve Cover and eliminate the CCV, or just replace it? I honestly don't know how much longer this engine will be in the car (pricing out M54B30s and S54s), probably only 1-2 years more.

Brakes are still atrocious, front struts are basically dead, and the engine mounts are shot. On the bright side, I already have the 330i calipers and carriers sitting, just waiting for rotors and pads. Gotta replace the mechanical fan with an electric fan too...

Page 2268 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1268176821682218225822662267226822692270227823182368 ... LastLast