Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Many think ICE cars will eventually go the way of the horse, from beast of burden to weekend recreation. I'm hoping for fuel cells. And, I wouldn't mind a hybrid Tacoma TRD Offroad, or Hybrid Bronco (with Sasquatch pkg). Imagine one of those things averaging 30mpg. I'd get one of those and a fun light car.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Many think ICE cars will eventually go the way of the horse, from beast of burden to weekend recreation. I'm hoping for fuel cells. And, I wouldn't mind a hybrid Tacoma TRD Offroad, or Hybrid Bronco (with Sasquatch pkg). Imagine one of those things averaging 30mpg. I'd get one of those and a fun light car.
    It’s closer than you think! The new Toyota Sienna is offered as a hybrid only platform now. It’ll be interesting how it is as taxi drivers put them through the paces. Haha.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
    Yes, Tesla has some growing pains, but they are definitely not a boring EV. The immediate torque is insane and it’s a completely different driving experience. Highly recommended taking a test drive if you have a chance. It’s a performance minded eco car.

Also, the Taycan is pretty cool - quick, drives nice and is definitely the Porsche of EVs. Lots of pretty exciting options on the horizon.

Attachment 36911
    Nah, Tesla is the other way around. It's an Eco-minded car with some performance. Yeah the instant torque is great. But it's a one trick pony at that point. Seriously, how can the brakes even be considered performance? Try it. Charge to 100% so that regen turns off, then go fast and try to stop lol The model 3 is like the most performance oriented model out of the bunch. All the rest are like this big floaty ship. Great for cruising though especially with the air suspension on the S.

But it's a tech car as much as it is an EV. You deal with a lot of SW bugs that roll out too. You can't do anything about it until the next update. There's been times where it messed up the Autopilot, the reverse cam, my headlights, etc. My most annoying bug currently is the Bluetooth one (been like 5 updates, still there). It's the one where when I pick up, I don't hear the other person at all until I switch to handset mode and switch back.

Not that I'm against Tesla or anything. As far as I can tell, they have the best BMS as well as motors. They just got to work on literally everything else. My friend, who got a Model S recently, has been telling me that he thought I was joking when I told him all the problems I had to deal with and the quality of the car and service. Now he has to deal with those too lol We fixed a ton of things recently when we opened up his car to put in the power frunk/soft close doors. Wires hanging randomly, clips missing, found a screw driver just in the car that wasn't ours lol And the big one, the main bolt on his front passenger control arm is...not there lol Shit luckily we only drove 60 miles.

I still recommend Tesla though. If you get a good one and you never have to warranty it. Then it'll be problem free and you avoid like 90% of the problems by not having to deal with Tesla. They have the best range, a large charging network. You can use the others too, but I haven't had the need to use anything other than the Superchargers and I drove across 4 states. It's a great DD, seriously. And another good thing is that if you drive manual, the transition to the car is easy. It's basically like driving a manual, regen = engine brake. Doesn't move until you hit the gas. It's all throttle control which manual drivers are fairly good at to begin with.

I hope in the future, Tesla can iron out all their problems and produce a car that can actually replace my E46.

The Los Angeles Police Department's barely used fleet of BMW i3 EVs is being sold for dirt cheap.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/los-angel...120400723.html
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Electric Cars to Replace Your ZHP... Eventually?

That’s an awesome way to step into the EV lifestyle while keeping in the family. I was thinking of that before the Tesla too. Seems like the i3 is more of an in-town runabout with a few trips outside of it with some inconvenience as you’re needing to fill up every 100 miles with a REX equipped model. A Tesla is great for in-town and most out of town places focusing around major cities and along interstates with superchargers.

I’m at a crossroad to supplement the E46 M3 right now to either find a mint conditioned 2011 E90 335d M-Sport or a Model 3 SR+. We’ll see what I find!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    That’s an awesome way to step into the EV lifestyle while keeping in the family. I was thinking of that before the Tesla too. Seems like the i3 is more of an in-town runabout with a few trips outside of it with some inconvenience as you’re needing to fill up every 100 miles with a REX equipped model. A Tesla is great for in-town and most out of town places focusing around major cities and along interstates with superchargers.

I’m at a crossroad to supplement the E46 M3 right now to either find a mint conditioned 2011 E90 335d M-Sport or a Model 3 SR+. We’ll see what I find!
    That's a really odd way to spell Toyota Sera.

2035 seems to be the date set for the death of the ICE powered automobile.

Several European countries are going for a ban on new ICE powered car sales in 2035. Now California seems to want to set the same date.

I think it was indeed set here.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Now California seems to want to set the same date.
    Didn’t see that coming from Gavin.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

In British Columbia the government has set 2040 as the date of ICE ban. They also need 10% of new vehicles sold to be EV by 2025 and 30% by 2030. BC is already in a good position because we already have 6% sold as EV and increasing rapidly since I feel like I see more Teslas than BMWs on the roads in Vancouver. LOL.

Tesla seems to be really moving ahead with battery tech finally and will be able to grab Lithium from the ground in Nevada or anywhere in North America with little waste and political instability. Excited to see the next two years of this new evolution of rechargeables. I hope I get to see how this change affects the world in my lifetime.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast