Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 2430 of 2618 FirstFirst ... 1430193023302380242024282429243024312432244024802530 ... LastLast
Results 24,291 to 24,300 of 26175
    when your replacement bumper is back to perfect condition, you might want to look at putting something like a few strips of self adhering Sliplo (or similar) on the bottom as protection. I recently replaced my bumper and installed them just for the peace of mind.......

Here's s shot looking up at the bottom of the bumper....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    It's kind of liberating and fun to be able to plow through everything and crash into curbs with my current bumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    lol that's why I didn't repaint my front bumper on purpose while it's in the shop. Since I haven't drove a lowered car in awhile, I figured that just leaving the driveway of the shop, I will fuck up the front lol
    Exaaaaaactly. Hit a cone at speed at autox? That's alright. And if I do road trips I'm not so concerned about bugs etching into the clear, well, because there are multiple spots of clear missing.

Only thing that's bugging me is the small scrape I put on it last year on the passenger's corner near the side marker - before that, the bumper still looked like shit, but at least it was uniform and looked decent from 5 ft away.

Also @sillieidiot when are you getting your car back, hasn't it been something like a year since you sent it to the shop for the M3 rear quarters?

EDIT: was at the track today and a perfect example of why I love having a "beater" bumper. It started raining in the afternoon, so no point in trying to get times down - everyone (at least those with RWD) started having some fun drifting, or at least trying to. But boy it was slick out there, a bunch of us kept spinning out, I ended up going off into a small ditch in the grass. I think I'd cry if my front bumper was new, but meh I'll just wash the mud off and it'll be fine:

Last edited by t.er; 08-24-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    when your replacement bumper is back to perfect condition, you might want to look at putting something like a few strips of self adhering Sliplo (or similar) on the bottom as protection. I recently replaced my bumper and installed them just for the peace of mind.......

Here's s shot looking up at the bottom of the bumper....
    What is that strip on the front of the belly pan with the plastic fasteners? Not the Sliplo. Doesn't the belly pan go above the lower bumpers and snapped in place with Three (3) needle expanding fasteners? BTW, I do not have that strip as what you have.

In fact, I would like to know what type of expanding fasteners are use to attach to the lower bumper? My belly pan is just hanging in with the lower bumper supporting the pan......
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

unless I installed it incorrectly, I bought the OEM bumper cover from BMW/painted by BMW and installed it myself.... did I install in wrong? 100% OEM parts here... I tucked the belly pan under the lip, and used this FCP bumper kit for fasteners 51112293995
    Pete

Replaced the passenger side ZKW bi-xenon headlight with a Magneti Marelli/AL headlight.

It works fine, but it was NOT plug and play. Glad I had the right tools to get it to fit.

I can't believe this is how much light my original headlights put out 16 years ago. It is like driving around with high-beams on.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...light-assembly
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Exaaaaaactly. Hit a cone at speed at autox? That's alright. And if I do road trips I'm not so concerned about bugs etching into the clear, well, because there are multiple spots of clear missing.

Only thing that's bugging me is the small scrape I put on it last year on the passenger's corner near the side marker - before that, the bumper still looked like shit, but at least it was uniform and looked decent from 5 ft away.

Also @sillieidiot when are you getting your car back, hasn't it been something like a year since you sent it to the shop for the M3 rear quarters?
    lol I swear never. COVID happened and everything got delayed even more. Supposedly, end of this month. Supposedly I mean my car will be drivable at least by the end of this month due to me having to get it smogged. I looked forward to driving the shit out of it. But I just recently sold most of my suspension. It's going to drive like crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    What is that strip on the front of the belly pan with the plastic fasteners? Not the Sliplo. Doesn't the belly pan go above the lower bumpers and snapped in place with Three (3) needle expanding fasteners? BTW, I do not have that strip as what you have.

In fact, I would like to know what type of expanding fasteners are use to attach to the lower bumper? My belly pan is just hanging in with the lower bumper supporting the pan......
    He installed it correctly. I think you're just seeing his freshly painted black bumper behind the Sliplo and it looks like it's a plastic piece lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    He installed it correctly. I think you're just seeing his freshly painted black bumper behind the Sliplo and it looks like it's a plastic piece lol
    Exactly. I didn't take a picture of the new bumper before I put it on, but here's the old one showing that strip on the bottom of the bumper where the fasteners attach:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    Exactly. I didn't take a picture of the new bumper before I put it on, but here's the old one showing that strip on the bottom of the bumper where the fasteners attach:
    Ok thanks. Just looked different with the new painted bumper making it look like a separate strip. At least now I know where to get the long fasteners. All I have are the short ones that could not expand larger diameter.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I’m painting my spare OEM M3 baseplate and mirror housings this afternoon...

Mystic Blue was applied to the mirror housing so after the paint dries and hardens I will wet sand it over the upcoming weekend before applying a few coats of clear on it.

The baseplates were primed then finished in glossy black finish to match the shadowline trim then a few coats of clear applied.

This will make for a nice retrofit when I’m ready. Thanks to Sergy for the 3D printed mirror motor mounts

I will be ready to do this upgrade once I have the passenger’s side mirrors done

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2430 of 2618 FirstFirst ... 1430193023302380242024282429243024312432244024802530 ... LastLast