Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 752 of 823 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802 ... LastLast
Results 7,511 to 7,520 of 8230
    Does anyone know what would cause this? This is after 1 track day with HPS pads and Zimmermann rotors. I know, I know... HPS aren't meant to be track pads, but I haven't had any issues with them aside from going through pad material like crazy. I ran 4 track days with the first set I bought and the rotors had a bit of grooving, but nothing abnormal. Pad thickness is about equal inside and out, from what I can see without taking the caliper off.

Truth be told it might be my fault because I didn't bed the pads in when I replaced them - however I thought that was only necessary when switching pad compounds, and since I was replacing old HPS pads with new HPS pads, I wouldn't have to do so. Perhaps that would do it?

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Holy shit. Looks like you melted the pads to the rotors lol. I'd definitely ask the track group on nam3f

That's pretty normal after a track day, at least to me. That's what my rotors look like after a day with my PFC 011 pads.
    As long as braking performance is normal then don't worry about it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Holy shit. Looks like you melted the pads to the rotors lol. I'd definitely ask the track group on nam3f
    Lol thank god for FCP warranty, I'm making very good use of it
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That's pretty normal after a track day, at least to me. That's what my rotors look like after a day with my PFC 011 pads.
    As long as braking performance is normal then don't worry about it.
    Wow, that's insane, was it just superficial or could you also feel grooving? I thought it was superficial but if you run your finger across it, you can feel all the ridges, the rotor is definitely scrapped/dented. Braking performance didn't have nearly the bite it had when new (basically no bite) and stopping power was a bit reduced, but it wasn't horrible. Was still able to set my PB by a huge margin but also had coilovers and cooler weather which helped. No vibrations but the pads and rotors are really noisy

I've never been to the track and my rotors look the same as yours, except I don't have pad material burnt into them. But I do have lots of grooves that can be felt. I'm also using OEM rotors (Hella Pagid) and Hawk HPS. My braking performance feels the same as always. The noise is normal too with the HPS pads.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by roddykaregaran View Post
    Awesome. Thank you. My headlights + ccfl’s are still working flawlessly thanks to you, that day I came by your place.
    lol yeah most of my customer's with CCFLs are still working somehow. And people said that weren't reliable. Shit lasted like 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Braking performance didn't have nearly the bite it had when new (basically no bite) and stopping power was a bit reduced, but it wasn't horrible. Was still able to set my PB by a huge margin but also had coilovers and cooler weather which helped. No vibrations but the pads and rotors are really noisy
    Did you fade your pads? With HPS', you probably had brake fade, and probably cooked your brake fluid too. That will result in worse pedal feel.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I've never been to the track and my rotors look the same as yours, except I don't have pad material burnt into them. But I do have lots of grooves that can be felt. I'm also using OEM rotors (Hella Pagid) and Hawk HPS. My braking performance feels the same as always. The noise is normal too with the HPS pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Did you fade your pads? With HPS', you probably had brake fade, and probably cooked your brake fluid too. That will result in worse pedal feel.
    Yeah stopping power did decrease slightly, but no significant fade to the point where I had any "o shit moments" where I'd go in too hot and go off. Didn't get a chance to check the pads or the fluid yet. I think next year I'm going to swap to something more track-oriented like DTC-60 for the front. If brake bias isn't too messed up, leave HPS on the rear since I'm still on my 1st set with plenty of meat left.

Hypothetically speaking..... if I found a 325xit with a blown motor........ I would have to source a M54B30 xi motor to do a proper swap right?........ then I’d have to simply pay for an EWS delete for it to run, correct?

Asking for a friend lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this happened today. Lightly braked at a stop sign and the whole dang panel dropped from the ceiling. Anyone know how difficult it’d be to get a hand on another part/fix these snapped friction clips? (Sunroof wire was cut previously as a quick fix to accidentally opening the off-track sunroof)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Page 752 of 823 FirstFirst ... 252652702742750751752753754762802 ... LastLast