Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Nice colour choice, totally not biased

But dang, how much would that full paint job cost? And does that include the door jambs, inside trunk lid, etc?
    That was kinda why I was suggesting staying with SG. Shop will do it 100000% better than a spray can. But if you’ve done it before and know it’ll be ok you can save even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Mystic Blue but if I were to get a full repaint I'd get something truly special like something from the Individual palette:

Name:  Screenshot_2020-10-12 Screenshot.png
Views: 609
Size:  777.0 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2020-10-12 Screenshot(1).png
Views: 1095
Size:  739.7 KB

Worth thinking about.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I love Mystic Blue but if I were to get a full repaint I'd get something truly special like something from the Individual palette:

Worth thinking about.
    TIL... there's a BMW colour named "lipstick"
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Holy crap, i didn't know about those colours
    The shop that i'm going to has to make their own paint though, i'd have to bring a sample of the colour i want and i don't think i'd be able to find a part with those ones. I already brought them a piece with Mystic and the guy said he can match it.
    To be cheap, i only asked the shop to repaint the exterior, and i'll buy a few cans of black plasti-dip and coat what they aren't painting, like behind the doors and hood and trunk.
    They're charging $400 for the fender work, and $900 to sand, prime, and paint the exterior

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    The shop that i'm going to has to make their own paint though, i'd have to bring a sample of the colour i want and i don't think i'd be able to find a part with those ones. I already brought them a piece with Mystic and the guy said he can match it.
    To be cheap, i only asked the shop to repaint the exterior, and i'll buy a few cans of black plasti-dip and coat what they aren't painting, like behind the doors and hood and trunk.
    They're charging $400 for the fender work, and $900 to sand, prime, and paint the exterior
    The shop I always go to mixes the color themselves as well, but instead of eyeballing it or trying to match old and faded paint, he just looks up the manufacturer specs via the paint code. (Mystic Blue is A07) I'm sure if you give him the code for one of the individual colors, he will be able to mix it. With the code, he basically has access to the recipe, so anything should be possible.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I would rock the hell out of a Techno Violet ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I would rock the hell out of a Techno Violet ZHP
    I'd spring for the velvet blue metallic. *searches for paint code and reputable shops in area*

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I'm sure if you give him the code for one of the individual colors, he will be able to mix it. With the code, he basically has access to the recipe, so anything should be possible.
    I didn't know it worked that way!
    Now i have too many options, and i don't know which colour i like most out of all of them! I love Jet Black and Steel Grey, but i see too much black/white/greyscale on the road. I want to find something i like that stands out. This is such a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Clark View Post
    I’m not sure if you’ve done this yet but you should consider checking out the paint work they’ve done on other vehicles. $900 to paint an entire vehicle is dirt cheap and can’t image it being close to factory quality. It’s a big change so it’s good to have the right expectations. If you pay them to change the color of your vehicle and it looks nothing like you imaged, it’s going to be hard to go backwards from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My co-worker owned a Chevy Cavalier. He had the exterior painted for cheap (can't remember the price). The car looked great in the beginning but after just one year the paint was all dull. Just my 2 cents. If it's too good to be true then ...
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast