Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    i might be willing to do that. i really like the concave look of the rears

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Not the OEM Style 260's without modifying the fenders and running skinnier tires. There are a couple manufacturers that make replicas though.

Rears are 9.5" wide ET23. That's some fairly aggressive fitment.

Personally, I think that there are better looking wheels that don't require as much effort and are much cheaper.

If you are stuck on doing it though, I'm sure it can be done.

This has been an interesting thread for me to look through since I've been wondering a lot about wheel weights lately. I finally just got my 19 inch CSL reps in (2 month wait) and was wondering how the weight was going to affect the car. I have a non-ZHP with stock 18s (style 72) and I notice a difference when I put my M68's on for autoX or track. I've been on the 17s for a couple of months now and now I'm about to jump up to 19s...it sounds like it will be REALLY noticeable. I also just installed a PSS10 suspension, do you think I'll have to adjust damping at all for these 19s? I've got them set on 7 right now and it rides really nice!

I love the 220M style wheel. I wouldn't use them for daily driving but maybe if a meet came up or an event of some sort that was worth the time to change them out and all. There was a vendor at BimmerFest that sold mods at cheaper prices and I can't remember the name for the life of me right now. Anyone who went to BimmerFest please feel free to chime in anytime; but I saw the 220M style and debated getting them. I really want the staggered look too. I'm also in debate about the CSLs too. Out of those two i don't know what would be better as far as looks since I love them both. Opinions on 220 m to CSLs?

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

I chose the CSL look because I think that on BMW's you cannot go wrong with a mesh look and is modern enough but with good staying power from a style standpoint. I'm always going to be swapping back and forth with my 17s (and maybe even the 18s now!) I'm getting my tires on thursday and will be sure to share some photos.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I kinda figured it would be common sense that a lightweight wheel isn't as strong has a heavy one, but nobody wants to see it the same way. lol
    For a daily driven car, a lightweight wheel isn't worth the effort. The impact of negatives is absolutely minimal.

But,
    If I had lightweight wheels as the daily set, they'd still be bent because the roads here are so bad you cannot possibly avoid the potholes. In fact, it's guaranteed that you'll hit over 50% of the them.
    Hmmm...

I have to wonder: if a wheel is lighter (say, for example, 20-30% lighter) but built more strongly (i.e. low-pressure cast vs. gravity-cast), won't the wheels decreased inertia and improved interactions with suspension components make it less likely to be damaged versus the heavier wheel? And wouldn't it also have increased elasticity over the heavy wheel, and thus better shed energy than the heavier wheel, which would absorb more energy and thus be more prone to bending?

Just thinking, cause I'm about to buy Terrys wheels....

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post

Just thinking, cause I'm about to buy Terrys wheels....
    Nice wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Nice wheels.
    Absolutely. I had them in 17"x8" squared on my 325iT before it was wrecked. They were a nice upgrade over the 16" Style 45s.

As much as this thread worried me, I can see few logical reasons not to go with the Oz wheels for daily driving. They're light, strong, and look great on the e46. They're also the fastest way I know to lose 40#!

Resistance is futile...

Quote Originally Posted by MsRN View Post
    They're also the fastest way I know to lose 40#!

Resistance is futile...

Glad the testosterone crowd approve! Every girl needs at least one (ten) pair of nice shoes, and Miss ZHP is no exception. And the Oz motif will go with the patent red clogs I wear at work!

Glinda the Good Witch Approved (Or maybe Elphaeba )
    Last edited by MsRN; 05-19-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast