Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 765 of 823 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Exactly. That was my quote at the end of 2017 from BMW specialized shops, including Turner Motorsport.
    Sergy, I got you a better quote from my indy shop

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Sergy, I got you a better quote from my indy shop

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    You're the man Charlie! The quote that you obtained from your shop is very good.
    I'll share some details once I'll schedule the job.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    You're the man Charlie! The quote that you obtained from your shop is very good.
    I'll share some details once I'll schedule the job.
    Glad I was able to help you out Sergy! Looking forward to meeting up with you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    the fuel pump is more likely to be the culprit since it is in that general area.your fuel filter is on the driver side, closer to the front wheel. Then again, a clogged filter could damage the pump.
    Is it worse on start-up? does it calm down or get worse through out the drive? How many miles are on your fuel pump?
    Do you hear it while driving? maybe it is a wheel bearing or caliper issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I second the fuel pump. That's the only thing that makes noise back there while stopped. As Papa_g asked, how many miles? It's amazing that the e46 fuel pumps seem to go between 100-120k miles with uncanny consistency.
    From my understanding it has never been changed and I'm at about 158k miles. Sound doesn't go away with driving, but I only hear it when idling and I'm standing outside. It's pretty constant.

I guess next question is how urgent is replacing it since I'm only getting noise? I'm not getting any stuttering or fuel level issues but it looks like I'm way overdue.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Yeah I would change the pump. I’ve heard these things can just fail out of the blue and leave you stranded. I keep a spare in my trunk just in case. Don’t forget to get a new gasket as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Yeah I would change the pump. I’ve heard these things can just fail out of the blue and leave you stranded. I keep a spare in my trunk just in case. Don’t forget to get a new gasket as well.

And a very inexpensive M3 fuel pump baffle

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    And very practical for calm daily driving

~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I can vouch for this. It has happened twice for me... the first time in my M3. I did not pay too much attantion to the symptoms and was left stranded on the Garden State Parkway as a result and I ended up having to pay a $300 towing charge to get my car to an indy shop 12 miles away to get a new fuel pump installed...

The second time it happened to me I was in a friend's car and the fuel pump had failed so @JPMo get your fuel pump changed out as soon as you can. At 158k miles you're just taking a huge chance and it will be only a matter of time when your fuel pump will fail.

I'm changing out the fuel pump on my ZHP this week as I have no idea when it was changed out last as I am about to take the car out on a road trip this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I wish they were as cheap as they were a few years ago. New ones are about $90 and used ones, $50-60

Still well worth the price if you go to the track, it's quite frustrating taking a right turn and having power cuts at 1/2 tank
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    From my understanding it has never been changed and I'm at about 158k miles. Sound doesn't go away with driving, but I only hear it when idling and I'm standing outside. It's pretty constant.

I guess next question is how urgent is replacing it since I'm only getting noise? I'm not getting any stuttering or fuel level issues but it looks like I'm way overdue.
    Urgency, who knows. It's more peace of mind and avoidance of potential hassle of being stranded, or ruining your plans for the day(s).

There were no symptoms when mine failed; no stumbling, no stuttering. It was sudden onset.

Parts were ~150 for the VDO pump and ~10 for the gasket, and 2 hrs for DIY (do it with less than 1/2 tank of fuel). Your local shop will vary. I was quoted 700.

Page 765 of 823 FirstFirst ... 265665715755763764765766767775815 ... LastLast