Wow - can't believe it's been more than four years since I last updated this thread.

Let's see - what have I done since the last post... Working backwards using my maintenance log;

• Just replaced the starter yesterday - 149,040mi. That was a bitch of a job. Wish I could dope slap whichever BMW engineer thought it was a good idea to insert the starter bolts from the back. Went to start it the week before last and got nothing - not even a click - so I researched E46 'no start' issues and found this thread on e46fanatics.com. Worked through the OP's checklist to determine it was the starter. Glad that's done...What a backbreaker it is to lean over the engine bay all day.
  • 05/15/2023; Replaced the power steering pump, hoses, and OFHG @148,053mi. (Yes - I've only driven it ~1k miles in the last year; Bought a used 2011 Volvo XC90 in January of '23 as a winter beater and as preparation for my 16yr-old daughter who got her permit in August.)
  • 02/01/2023; Had the dreaded right rear quarter panel rust spot at the back of the wheel opening repaired, and 'while it was in there' (the body shop) had them fix some rust in the rocker panels. Ended up painting the whole right and left sides, sprayed the rear bumper to fix some blemishes and painted the lower valance (black insert) because it had some fading.
  • 11/26/2021; Replaced the right front caliper because it was sticking. Installed new braided SS hoses on both fronts.
  • 10/30/2021; Replaced both front hubs because one was squeaking, figured I'd replace the other one while I was at it.
  • 02/07/2021; Replaced the CCV hoses and oil separator. (Thought that would fix the oil leaking all over the side of the engine, but there's still some oil from the CCV system to this day. Must be a bad design of the CCV system or the oil separator.)
  • 09/28/2019; Updated the DME with the help of Scott Townsend from E46fanatics @135,200mi.

Next on the 'to do' list; Oil pan gasket. It's been leaking for a while now and I just want to get it done. Plus, in about a month my daughter is going to get her license and start driving the winter beater so I'll be daily driving the ZHP again by May. Sad to be putting miles on it, but it'll be more fun than driving an older XC90. Ironically, my '04 ZHP is in FAR better condition than the newer 2011 Volvo with fewer miles; A testament to good maintenance and an enthusiast-owned vehicle.