Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mgianzero View Post
    Thanks Marcus. I must have missed this link in a prior search. You should make this a sticky for all of us to refer to.

You wouldn't believe this dealer I met when shopping for a car. He argued with me that ALL performance package cars have full leather. I told him it was only part of the premium package. When he finally realized I knew more about this than he since I had a window sticker as proof, he backed off. Then he says "we'll I know this is all leather because of the wrinkles on the bolsters". I think he was making s#^< up. Another dealer told me the leatherette doesn't have textured lines in the material. Huh?

It's not really a big deal about the leather option. I just hate it when dealers pretend they know something they don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worry not; ZHP's came in cloth or leather, no leatherette!
    If shopping for a non-ZHP, an easy way to tell is the texture. You can tell the difference between leather and leatherette in the older cars like ours. Leatherette feels cheaper, and is more durable. Leather tends to crack if aged and/or exposed to the sun, so check for cracks, no matter how minor.

And by the way; wrinkles in the bolster doesn't mean it's leather. If that were true, alcantara would be considered leather, as I have wrinkles galore and cloth seats.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Lots of good info here. Thanks!

My so called "cheap" Leatherette with 140k miles still looks like new! and all i have to do is wipe it down with some windex and thats it. no need to condition and have it crack. all of the leather 330's I test drove that had real leather looked awefull. Alcantara, cloth or leatherette all the way for a car that you will keep for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by VA330CI View Post
    My so called "cheap" Leatherette with 140k miles still looks like new! and all i have to do is wipe it down with some windex and thats it. no need to condition and have it crack. all of the leather 330's I test drove that had real leather looked awefull. Alcantara, cloth or leatherette all the way for a car that you will keep for a good while.
    I think as far as wear is concerned, from best wearing to worst: leatherette, cloth, leather, alcantara
    So take comfort in the fact that you have leatherette because as long as you don't rip it, it'll last you forever.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I loved readin this thread because it reminds me how the dealership I got mine from didn't know it was a zhp so I got a nice dicounted non-zhp price :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPillows View Post
    I loved readin this thread because it reminds me how the dealership I got mine from didn't know it was a zhp so I got a nice dicounted non-zhp price :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Win. I love these stories.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Quote Originally Posted by VA330CI View Post
    Don't let Kyle hear you say "Windex"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12