Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Interesting, memory is failing me at my rapidly advancing age...

http://www.wheelweights.net/

shows the fronts as 28.5, rears as 29. Holy cow!

I run 18x8.5 Comp-H as my street and autocross wheels too, way lighter. I have the 17" K1s for track, lighter yet.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

Just ran across this thread, had a question about our stock 135s and their weight. I've always used http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/ when looking at BMW wheel weight and it has the 135s listed as:

18x8 -> 11.23 kg (24.7 lb)
    18x8.5 -> 11.93 kg (26.2 lb)

But it sounds like these numbers might be low?

Also! Anyone have any pics of their ZHP with APEX ARC-8s?

Would be very curious to know stock wheel weights.. I'm always fascinated when it comes to shaving weight. Call me a nerd but I'll plan to get wheel studs and weigh the different ones as well as lug nuts. Don't do much wheel changing so was planning to go with AL ones, ie Gorilla.

I just put my car back down on the ground today. Had been waiting on rubber. This is what she looks like. Pleased with everything about Apex Race Parts and their ARC-8 and especially so with Eddy. 18x9 x 4, 245/35/18 all the way around. Will update in the Californication thread. Just got the car back down on the ground before sundown and snapped a couple of shots. I am terrible with the camera, but this is what I came up with.

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looking good, Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Would be very curious to know stock wheel weights.. I'm always fascinated when it comes to shaving weight. Call me a nerd but I'll plan to get wheel studs and weigh the different ones as well as lug nuts. Don't do much wheel changing so was planning to go with AL ones, ie Gorilla.

I just put my car back down on the ground today. Had been waiting on rubber. This is what she looks like. Pleased with everything about Apex Race Parts and their ARC-8 and especially so with Eddy. 18x9 x 4, 245/35/18 all the way around. Will update in the Californication thread. Just got the car back down on the ground before sundown and snapped a couple of shots. I am terrible with the camera, but this is what I came up with.

Terry
    Stock....is about 25lbs avg front rear. Fronts....24lbs and change....rears are around 26lbs.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Marcus. Car feels great with fresh rubber. And now that she sits on wheels I got to pick it makes me feel more proud when I look at her.

-T

spencers Guest
    Holy jeebus I want some ARC-8's.

Bimmerworld FINALLY has 17x8" ET40 wheels.
    15.7 lbs sounds fine to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Terry
    Those look awesome. Is that the Antracite color? I'm really torn between going with 17x9 and 18x9, I think 18's will probably look better but 17's are a bit lighter. Do you have any rubbing issues with the 245s? Did they just bolt right up, no spacers, etc? Did you consider going with 255s?

If you don't need 265mm tires, stick with the 17x9's. Tires are cheaper and they'll ride more comfortably. I've noticed a bigger difference in ride harshness moving from 17 to 18 than from going from stock springs to 550/650 coilovers.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    If you don't need 265mm tires, stick with the 17x9's. Tires are cheaper and they'll ride more comfortably. I've noticed a bigger difference in ride harshness moving from 17 to 18 than from going from stock springs to 550/650 coilovers.
    Good to know. I am looking to run 245s or 255s (hopefully with no rubbing!)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast