Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New owner

Quote Originally Posted by johnnye23 View Post
    Thanks for your service Pooters and GO TIGERS !!!

Well I wish I could report an uneventful trip back to Memphis from Baton Rouge but about 20 miles from Memphis I developed a slight engine miss. No check engine light .I am hoping it is the seals for the spark plug tubes letting some oil past and shorting out the spark plug. I really wanted to change out the valve cover gasket and spark plugs before I left but we flat just ran out of time. I will be pulling the valve cover and all the spark plugs tomorrow. It seemed to clear up when I got off the expressway for the remainder of the trip so I don't think its anything serious.
    Just a lil bit further and you'd have your VANOS knocked out too.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Glad you made it home! It was great to meet you. I hope you and your wife enjoy the car. You did great!
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Well pulled coils and they were all dry . Pulled all the spark plugs and they looked the same, I went ahead and replaced them for piece of mind.

How much do you guys pay for plugs ? The dealer quoted me $28 each for NGK Iridiums !!! I went to Napa and got the same plugs for $8 each.I understand a little markup but that was ridiculous, end of rant.

Car seems tto be running perfect but I think the miss will return and I suspect it will be a coil pack. I will take the car by my buddies shop to test them, well if I can get the car back from my wife. She Loves it !!!

Last edited by johnnye23; 12-20-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: added photo

That car looks familiar for some reason....

You may want to adjust the size of your signature pic.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnye23 View Post
    Well pulled coils and they were all dry . Pulled all the spark plugs and they looked the same, I went ahead and replaced them for piece of mind.

How much do you guys pay for plugs ? The dealer quoted me $28 each for NGK Iridiums !!! I went to Napa and got the same plugs for $8 each.I understand a little markup but that was ridiculous, end of rant
    I am running with NGK BKR 6 EQUP...which is what I recommend....

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Bkr6equp/ES7573/
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123