Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It seems the problem is dependent on when I start the car. If the radio is acting up, I can turn the car off and turn it back on and it temporarily fixes the problem, but it eventually comes back. Could this be battery related?

Bad contact behind the head unit or on the bluetooth module in the trunk.

Your car is an 04 and you have bluethooth?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Bad contact behind the head unit or on the bluetooth module in the trunk.

Your car is an 04 and you have bluethooth?
    I see. I'll give those a look and see what I can find. Thanks! Yes the car was built in 10/03 as an '04 model. Steering wheel has the icon with the person talking.

Quote Originally Posted by anm3itbe View Post
    It seems the problem is dependent on when I start the car. If the radio is acting up, I can turn the car off and turn it back on and it temporarily fixes the problem, but it eventually comes back. Could this be battery related?
    I've read that a weak battery can cause odd electrical issues. Might want to get the battery tested. Wal Mart sells one that fits for just over $100.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    I've read that a weak battery can cause odd electrical issues. Might want to get the battery tested. Wal Mart sells one that fits for just over $100.

Barry
    Thanks for the info Barry!

I wanted to report back on my findings here:

Battery tested just fine both when the car was on and off. I think I figured out the problem which may be helpful to anyone else who's run into this situation of a dimming radio as well as it cutting over to the "PHONE" mode. It was not an electrical issue per say. I think when I attempted to to turn my iphones bluetooth capability on, it sent the system into a never ending loop. It never found my iphone and even when I turned bluetooth off on my phone, the radio kept trying to switch over to PHONE. I think the dimming of the radio was due it constantly being in that loop and I could certainly feel the radio getting very hot as well (hotter than I think it should be). All I did was remove the radio, unplug all the harnesses, and just re-plugged them back in. Radio lighting was bright again and no jumping back and forth between radio and phone. Hope this helps someone else who go excited about bluetooth lol!

This is very strange indeed because I thought that for the e46, the bluetooth was not included until September 2004.

Glad you figured it out.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12