Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ate a Pheasant

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post

51 75 Mounting Parts, Engine Compartment
    I spent a couple hours digging around for this. The P/N 21 in that image is what I referred to as vertical holders, they are currently connected to air. Thanks so much.

I cannot recommend the Beartooth Highway enough, especially on new supersports. I drove out there in April of 2010 and it was closed. I did however get to drive up to it on Chief Joseph Highway just NW of Cody - another amazing road. I was on my winter tires and had to turn around after the snow got too deep.

Seems I don't believe those road closed signs often. This trip on the way out on US 12, there was a road closed sign that was rather vague, so we drove to the end and discovered the road was under water. The fun was driving back from that point on a totally empty perfect highway - gave me a chance to get up to speed for a bit.

Glad I could help.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I hit an adult Canadian Goose doing 75mph in my 03 Sentra SE-R a few years ago. What a mess! I was pulling feathers for months afterwards.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    I hit an adult Canadian Goose doing 75mph in my 03 Sentra SE-R a few years ago. What a mess! I was pulling feathers for months afterwards.
    Yikes! This one was hit at about 70 but much smaller.

Similar event - my wife was riding in an M6 vert last summer going 140 (outside USA) when the mirror caught a bird and splattered all over. It's hard to impress her with my story, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by strz0001 View Post
    I'm in NE MPLS, near Surdyks.

Very cool! I'm actually just over the St Croix river on the WI side up near Taylor's Falls. You should come to one of the monthly Cars & Coffee events we do in Chanhassen. Typically 400 to 600 cars and 1,000 to 2,000 people show up. Check the Regionals section here for details.

As you found out, there are A LOT of pheasant in this area. During hunting season people fly in here from all over the country to hunt prairie chickens. When I travel between here (Bismarck) and the Black Hills my horn gets a good workout trying to clear all the various birds on the highway before I hit them. I pulled a small Swallow or something out from behind my kidneys last time I got home, didn't even know I hit it. Lucky it didn't break the grille.

I agree, Beartooth and Chief Joseph Hwys are awesome drives and not too crowded. I was out there last year and had a blast. Yellowstone was nice to see again but way too crowded for me. One of these days I will have to make it to Glacier, before they are all gone.

Beartooth......

Chief Joseph.....

You should have went a little farther south and hit the Black Hills, lots of perfect BMW roads there too.

More pics.....

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/Road...95221566_TUeJs

^ great shots!
    -ADAM

Thanks Adam. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123