Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 433 of 823 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 8230

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Lol yah Dane I stole that from your build thread a long time ago. I forgot who it belonged too! sorry about that

Do you think blue nuts would pop on imola red too?? Like these... I have a feeling they'll look nice
    Don't think they'll look nice with my interior tho why this so hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post
    Lol yah Dane I stole that from your build thread a long time ago. I forgot who it belonged too! sorry about that

Do you think blue nuts would pop on imola red too?? Like these... I have a feeling they'll look nice
    Don't think they'll look nice with my interior tho why this so hard

Based on the color wheel, Charlie pretty much nailed it with those lugs and red center caps. Directly across from red is a soft turquoise. Your interior certainly complicates things.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Lol what about Rose Gold Lugs

Photobucket

To be honest I have no idea what to do with my new CH Wheels lol.. what do you guys think? My original thoughts were Red Center Caps and some Gloss Black Lug nuts... but the original Center cap is nice too in black and maybe just keep those and use my regular wheel bolts idk 🤷🏻*♂️

Photobucket

To be honest I have no idea what to do with my new CH Wheels lol.. what do you guys think? My original thoughts were Red Center Caps and some Gloss Black Lug nuts... but the original Center cap is nice too in black and maybe just keep those and use my regular wheel bolts idk 路*♂️

I've had studs with standard black nuts before. They looked pretty good, but with the salty crap we get in the winter, they were a bitch to take off since they rusted together. I tried to take a couple of nuts off and the studs started coming out with 'em; the nuts were practically seized onto the studs. I got fed up and removed them, going back to wheel bolts. I did keep a couple of the studs to use as wheel hangers, however, which totally gets rid of the problem with wheel bolts. Win.

I will be getting red BBS caps with the gold lettering as soon as I can stomach the insane cost of a set.

In your case, if you're totally committed to studs, then get black ones. Black is compatible with everything. I would stick with wheel bolts in your case since you live in New York and it's a salty mess there in the winter.

Also keep in mind that if you get studs, you should be replacing them every year or two. If you tracked your car, you would have to replace them every season.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've had studs with standard black nuts before. They looked pretty good, but with the salty crap we get in the winter, they were a bitch to take off since they rusted together. I tried to take a couple of nuts off and the studs started coming out with 'em; the nuts were practically seized onto the studs. I got fed up and removed them, going back to wheel bolts. I did keep a couple of the studs to use as wheel hangers, however, which totally gets rid of the problem with wheel bolts. Win.

I will be getting red BBS caps with the gold lettering as soon as I can stomach the insane cost of a set.

In your case, if you're totally committed to studs, then get black ones. Black is compatible with everything. I would stick with wheel bolts in your case since you live in New York and it's a salty mess there in the winter.

Also keep in mind that if you get studs, you should be replacing them every year or two. If you tracked your car, you would have to replace them every season.
    Thank you for this. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why everyone seems to want to change out rust-free-comes-off-every-time wheel bolts for exposed steel threads on studs. I have one wheel hanger that adds 15 seconds to every wheel swap and that seems to be the only drawback of the bolts.

Umm very informative I think I'll probably stick to bolts than thanks man!

Photobucket

Umm very informative I think I'll probably stick to bolts than thanks man!
    Just get one of these. It'll make life easier.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben.../003335sch01a/
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I like the studs myself. The original reason I got studs was that I was going through different thicknesses of spacers and different wheels. Saved me a lot of money in buying a bunch of different sizes of bolts.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I like the studs myself. The original reason I got studs was that I was going through different thicknesses of spacers and different wheels. Saved me a lot of money in buying a bunch of different sizes of bolts.
    this is the only reason to run studs on a northern car, that i can see. otherwise, yes - corrosion nightmare as BP pointed out.

i use bolts and don't use a hanger. i get the wheel on and centered, and then hold it in place with my foot at the bottom of the wheel/tire while i get the first bolt in.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 433 of 823 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast