Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    That is a LOT... are you sure you don't have a m oil leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure I don't. Going to double check today at lunch. Unless something broke, I shouldn't have a leak. And if the CCV wqs broken there would be an issue with vacuum. My valve cover is leaking some but I dont think it is that much.

Going to take the car for a quick spin to bring it back up to temp, then I am going to park over some SPC spill mats to see if there are any drips.

What grade of oil are you using? My consumption went down a little when I switched to 5W40 Liqui Moly - Leichtlauf High Tech. Short distance driving will also attribute to more oil consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    What grade of oil are you using? My consumption went down a little when I switched to 5W40 Liqui Moly - Leichtlauf High Tech. Short distance driving will also attribute to more oil consumption.
    Using what BMW Irvine supplies me with. Was BMW Twin Power Turbo 5W30 but BMW has recently changed the standard oil, at least in Socal, to 0W30. I had 5W30 in there and have been topping off with 0W30 oil

Parked over some SPC oil spill mats at work today and not a drop on the ground. Was parked motionless from ~9:30am to ~4:00pm. Engine was brought up to temp and then parked over mats. Only some leaves and seeds from the near by landscape.

Name:  image000000 (19).jpg
Views: 358
Size:  429.0 KBName:  image000000 (18).jpg
Views: 415
Size:  452.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    The BRZ is a Great little car when you are pushing 225HP at the rear wheels I did a whole sound deadening mat project to the car and have the entire interior stripped out except the driver's seat and drove around like this for a week or two. Probably removed a few hundred pounds from an already pretty light weight car. Was a blast and the poor prius tires suffered dearly. Went through 3 sets of the OE tire in 36,000 miles. Guys who would buy new wheels or tires would sell the stock ones for ~$25 a tire! would buy a set and ruin them in 12,000 miles lol
    Those tires suck for grip. Man that's so cheap. I'd probably do that too if I could lol Did it feel slower after you put everything back? I know sound deadening material puts on some weight too.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Parked over some SPC oil spill mats at work today and not a drop on the ground. Was parked motionless from ~9:30am to ~4:00pm. Engine was brought up to temp and then parked over mats. Only some leaves and seeds from the near by landscape.

[ATTACH]28084[/ATTACH[ATTACH]28085[/ATTACH
    Well all the oil could be contained in the underbody panel. Did you take that off before parking on it?

When my OFHG was leaking, there wasn't much if anything on the ground. The splash shield was covered in oil.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Well all the oil could be contained in the underbody panel. Did you take that off before parking on it?
    LOL, Underbody panel was taken off the car a weekend ago

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    When my OFHG was leaking, there wasn't much if anything on the ground. The splash shield was covered in oil.
    No splash shield on the car as well.

Tie rods are happening this week and I popped the under body panels off when I did the Fuel Filter. I was suppose to do both in the same day, but life happened, and then I went to work on my garden.

lol Well I guess it's just burning then. You're still using BMW's oil which is a half synthetic blend. I would try switching to a fully synthetic oil. But it could be leaking and then just burning off. Like on the VCG near the back of the engine. It'll fall on the headers/exhaust and just burn off. How many miles are on the car now? I'd try a 5w-30 GC for a higher mileage car.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast