Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I had that cable break on my wife's 135. luckily, I was able to pop out the left grille and open it from there with a screwdriver on the mechanism. I had to replace both cables... the one that goes into the cabin was a PITA but not too bad.
    yeah i did the same thing once when i still had a stock hood. replacing that cable is such a pain

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    yeah i did the same thing once when i still had a stock hood. replacing that cable is such a pain
    Yeah, that was a huge waste of my time since the cable was gone. Not the brightest move but its on the car which is the main point.

Spent some time working on it yesterday and I dropped in the silver vent from my old hood into the new hood. I have the black hood vent but it is oxidized and missing some of the hardware to get the windshield sprayers nozzles working. Also put the hood struts in, attach the ground wire on the hood, reinstalled weather strips, and gave it a look over. Will have some photos up shortly once my iphone comes back from the dead

I kinda like the black hood, camaro 1LE style...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I kinda like the black hood, camaro 1LE style...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like it to and I found someone who will do a wrap for $100 plus beer.

I will most likely go this route for the short term. There are a few imperfections with the hood, so I may keep my eyes open for one that is in tip top shape and is painted Silbergrau metallic. Now that I have a hood, I can shop around without a deadline.

i think it's ok. Would look better in CF. But I don't think our cars aren't aggressive enough to really run it. But you really need some clears

BTW, do you have any more of that fuel line hoses and the vacuum hoses? Can I buy the rest off you? lol Someone in my household threw them away All the places that can order it says it will come like after the 17th for some reason. I won't even be here lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    i think it's ok. Would look better in CF. But I don't think our cars aren't aggressive enough to really run it. But you really need some clears

BTW, do you have any more of that fuel line hoses and the vacuum hoses? Can I buy the rest off you? lol Someone in my household threw them away All the places that can order it says it will come like after the 17th for some reason. I won't even be here lol
    I have some of various sizes you can just have if you want to come pick them up from me. I'll have to double check if I have the right sizes left for the fuel filter job. O'Reillys or AutoZone or any parts store will stock the hoses in many sizes and cost is a little over a dollar per linear foot. I picked up mine from an O'Reillys and was less than 5 dollars for what I needed to replace the fuel filter.

I'll dig through my remnants this weekend and let me know if you still need it.

Yeah my bad on not getting back to you. Pretty much ran into more problems with my car so I was like screw it, I'm not touching it anymore lol But yeah I still need them. Just gotta figure out how I'm going to get to you to pick them up.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season and Happy New Year!

It always seems that my car likes to break down right before I go on vacation so that is a story to share. Have a lot of new parts on the way to start the new year off right!

Also, I am having phantom electrical issues that have been happening a little more frequently which is a total head scratcher. I have a ton of photos to sort through and resize but I will have a good update for everyone later tomorrow.

Car rolled by 125,000 today as well which is a good mile stone. 21,000 miles under my ownership

After a very long absence from the forum, I will be returning and updating my thread! I have done lots of work as of late and have been learning a lot about data logging and California Smog testing as my car hasn't been able to pass for quite some time now.

I may stay a new thread to continue my contributions to the site / community but just wanted to let everyone know that I am back! I will be answering PMs again and I know a big part of my current thread is about what to do if you end up in accident, and your insurance company deems your car "total". This is something many folks reached out to me about, and I feel bad for going inactive and ditching everyone here who have been extremely helpful to me! Time for me to pay it forward once again!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Welcome back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast