Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Just sayin... but I love this family!!!
    Yup. For the most part.....we know our shit.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

FWIW and not that it'll solve the problem long term, but all 7 of those part numbers (Genuine BMW) total around $145-150. See HERE.

But I'd wait, if at all possible, for whatever GAS has up their sleeves, availability of which seems imminent.

I'd love to wait. Likely I'll confirm this weekend the issue with a second opinion and then get to replacing.

While these fixes are good for 60-80k, it's unlikely I'll keep the car that long.

So, as I continued to dig on the web yesterday I found that the DISA gasket, well it isn't supposed to be so flat. Also, with my mileage it should have been harder to pull out of the car.

In my reading, I came across this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=897595

Brilliant! Replace the O-ring as suggested previously in this thread. Only this is local and I could go pick it up. Figure, my BMW mechanic was coming over tomorrow, I might as well put the car back together so before I did that, I ran down to go pick up this O-ring.

It's a FelPro gasket/o-ring for a 91-94 Ford Probe. FelPro PN 35489.

Took a bit to get all of the old gasket out. Luckily I have pick tools already and had very small screw driver for laptops. About 15 minutes later I had all of the old gasket material out, and new o-ring in place. Install was a breeze. Went down and got codes reset (in diagnosing, not only did I have P0174 and P0171 but 3 more from pulling the MAF while running) Thanks a ton David (who's on here) for reseting them, even though that is not Advances policy.

Now, we wait...

Parts (hammer not needed, this time...)

Gasket removal

New gasket in place

for now, no SES!!!

#likeabauce
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So twas the DISA.

Like a baws!

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Well, not sure yet. I'm sure the code can come back so I won't call it "fixed" until a month ~250 miles.

I sure hope it was just a $7.50 fix. That would ROCK! Then I can move on to things I WANT to do, not NEED...

Honestly I personally would have just put in a new DISA but thats me. I try to avoid future problems as much as I can. But yeah, hope that works out!

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

EDIT: Someone Ninja's that shark in there. :P Wasn't there a minute ago. Ha!

That brings me around to another point...

So obviously, I'm a previous Honda owner. My generic OBD-II scanner I got on Amazon for $20 would read the codes, but not erase them. That was the reason for my trip to Advance Auto. Their in store scanner too wouldn't erase them, but the guy who was scanning my car, also had the E36 in the lot. He went to his car and grabbed his scanner and it worked flawless. I took a pic of his to look for myself. Wondered you guys' thoughts on this particular scanner.

It's on Amazon as well, here:

http://www.amazon.com/OBD2-Reader-Di...pr_product_top

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    Honestly I personally would have just put in a new DISA but thats me. I try to avoid future problems as much as I can. But yeah, hope that works out!
    Believe me, I'm with you there. But it wasn't broken and I just 2 weeks ago did the cooling system. I've owned the car for 6 weeks now. I've already been bleeding out the wallet from it. LOL Also, the DISA is an easy one to replace. Had it been CCV, I wouldn't do just a single line due to the hours it takes to work on that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast