Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Cam's 1979 Porshe 911 SC : The car I've always wanted

Hello Mafia Family, and welcome to my very first project thread.

I'm hoping to not impose this thread on a wonderful forum, which I have had the pleasure of being a part of for 5 whole years now! MAN, it feels like I just drove my ZHP off the lot yesterday... What an incredible feeling that was being behind the wheel of my very first, LONG desired 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. Ever since I can remember, I have loved cars. More importantly, loved German cars. When the time came to purchase my first car, fresh out of high school in 2009, I took my hard earned money and went off to buy what I felt was obtainable, and ideal for me at the time. It was a beautiful 04 VW Jetta GLI, adorned in the fiery hot Tornado Red. I truly loved that little 1.8T with a passion, however, it only deepened my desire for what I knew I truly had to have, a BMW. Coming from a family with a long history of classic BMW's, and being the Bimmer enthusiast that I was, I knew I had to do what only felt right. When the time came, and circumstances were aligned, I pulled on what I knew would be the best car that I have ever owned. It was only my second car... “How would you know this”, you say?... Well, my ZHP was, and to this day is one of the most beautiful pieces of art and mechanical fusion that I have set eyes on. I love everything about these cars, and I'm positive that most of you can relate.

Being a lover of all things German, how could Porsche, the epitome of German engineering not be at the top of my List of Longing?? A car manufacture, which even generations of geniuses at BMW pay homage to?? Well that's just it; I have always been in a romance with Porsche, ever since I laid eyes on a 911 when I was just a youngster. Nowhere can you find a more perfected, continuously refined, all in all GORGEOUS piece of machinery. Porsche has had the ability to keep the 911 the same shape for over 50 years, that is something that no other make/model of car has accomplished, and one of the many reasons why I love them so much. I knew I had to have one someday, and I knew I would. I had no clue what year, or color, or engine, or even when I would be able to afford one... I just KNEW I had to have a 911...

This brings me to the point of this thread, guys (apologies for the rant). Just last week, I was fortunate enough to come across the most incredible opportunity one could have imagined. The stars were truly aligned with this one... I finally had the opportunity to buy my very first 911...

It is a 1979, 911 SC (Super Carrera). Sitting on the rear axle is a horizontally opposed, 3.0 liter flat-6 engine. With 180hp, 195 lb·ft, and its 2,557lb curb weight; this little guy has torque readily available throughout the power band. Its 'painted' a gorgeous (when new), ‘Petrol Blue Metallic’, and has the awesome ‘Cork’ leather interior option.

The car has 90k on the odometer, and is in surprisingly good shape, despite having sat outside for 3 years without being started. I am currently in the process of going through the whole car, and doing all the necessary inspections before I go to fire it up and take it home. Luckily I know the P/O, and he's allowing me to keep the car there, to do what needs to be done before getting it on the road. Then it will be going to my good friend's home garage for the rest of the restoration process (while driving it, of course). The only body rust is a small patch on the front left 'wing', and a bit around the edge of the trunk, which will all be taken care of by me. These cars have a notorious issue with the windshield liner shrinking, which naturally, creates leaks. So over the past three years of sitting open to the elements, it had developed a rusted pedal cluster from said leak. They will not even move. I have a new cluster on order from a Porsche dismantling shop out in CA. This is number one on my list of to-do's to get this car back up to speed. I plan on doing everything to this car myself. With my previously gained mechanical knowledge, extreme dedication and love, and this beautiful Bentley Shop Manual that just came in the mail, I plan to tackle what's needed to get my 911 exactly where I want it. I even plan to test my skill at painting. If it doesn't come out how I want, I'll do it again...and again.

This Porsche will represent me as a car enthusiast, and I invite you to join me on that journey...
    The 911sc is my little slice of Heaven... After all, it is ‘The Car I've Always Wanted’...

Project Maintenance Log:

• Fuel Pump 7/5/16
    • Fuel Filter 7/5/16
    • Fuel Tank Drain Plug Screen 7/5/16
    • Spark Plugs 7/5/16
    • Fuel Filler Breather Hoses 7/5/16
    ** CAR STARTS 7/5/16**
    Last edited by 09mageec; 07-05-2016 at 01:22 PM.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Awesome! Glad you were able to buy a 911 you always wanted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Awesome! Glad you were able to buy a 911 you always wanted...

Thanks!

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

YESSSS

I love me some SC!
    -Chris

-11.5 Jerez Black M3/4/6 (ZCP, slick top, cloth, manual seats, no nav)
    -16 GT3 GT Silver
    -02 Saleen S281 Extreme #35
    -2017 F350 Platinum

Instagram: CCOHO93

Congratulations! This is going to be most awesome looking.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

congrats!!! someday i will own a 911 as well. hard to decide which model... i have a soft spot for the older ones like yours (my dad had an '84 911SC cab when i was young), but i am drawn to the 997's (seeing ayan's green one recently made me want one even more ).... excited to see your progress!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Congrats! I bet it will clean up pretty nicely with some elbow grease!

Quote Originally Posted by D1ESEL View Post
    YESSSS

I love me some SC!
    God, me too...

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Congratulations! This is going to be most awesome looking.
    Thanks, that's the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    congrats!!! someday i will own a 911 as well. hard to decide which model... i have a soft spot for the older ones like yours (my dad had an '84 911SC cab when i was young), but i am drawn to the 997's (seeing ayan's green one recently made me want one even more ).... excited to see your progress!
    See what I mean! They are all so beautiful, makes it too hard to choose. A 997 gt3RS is my dream car, the 4.0 is a fantasy... That's right up there with a 964 Carrera RS NGT, and a 993 GT2

Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    Congrats! I bet it will clean up pretty nicely with some elbow grease!
    I think so too! Thank you.

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Been waiting for this Cam! Welcome and congrats my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Been waiting for this Cam! Welcome and congrats my friend!!
    Thanks Charlie!

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast