Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 200 of 823 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    You just use a little flat blade screwdriver to pry up on the white area below the hole.
    Did you get that to work for you? I tried that, even with a set of small eyeglass screwdrivers. It was too snug to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Did you get that to work for you? I tried that, even with a set of small eyeglass screwdrivers. It was too snug to remove.
    Many times. You have to disassemble the switch to mod verts and coupe's to get the all-up/dwn feature to work. I pull the buttons out as I find it much easier to assemble the switch and then push the button back in.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Many times. You have to disassemble the switch to mod verts and coupe's to get the all-up/dwn feature to work. I pull the buttons out as I find it much easier to assemble the switch and then push the button back in.
    Right you are, I got it to work. Now I feel a little less intelligent for not getting it the first time around, but it always good to be humbled by something. I'll make a quick DIY for those people like me.

Best way to get the leftmost (driver's side) dash trim piece off?

sent from mobile device
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Best way to get the leftmost (driver's side) dash trim piece off?

sent from mobile device
    Buy a $6 set of trim tools from Harbor Freight and have at it. There are two pins, one on the leftmost side of the trim, and one on the right side of the trim. Pry carefully from the bottom. I'd do a little bit on each side till it eventually pops off.

I can remove mine by hand, so it takes me 3 seconds. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

lol. I have the pry tools and I've done the right/middle so many times they are easy. The left on is definitely solidly in there, so I wanted to make sure there were no tricks. Thanks BP.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    The left on is definitely solidly in there, so I wanted to make sure there were no tricks. Thanks BP.
    Unfortunately not. "Just do it" is as good as it gets.
    Make sure you have spare orange inserts handy because you will destroy at least one!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I'd recommend buying 6-10 orange dash trim female connectors. 1-2 typically fall apart every time I remove the trim. Another inferior made BMW plastic bit.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

You can also use a wide flat blade screw driver to get the dash trim pieces off....that's what I do...

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    I'd recommend buying 6-10 orange dash trim female connectors. 1-2 typically fall apart every time I remove the trim. Another inferior made BMW plastic bit.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.
    Can't really call them inferior since they were designed as single use... and stay perfectly tight right up until you remove them.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 200 of 823 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300700 ... LastLast