Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: FCP euro

I too had a mishap when I ordered rear wheel bearings for my Audi and ended up having to order OEM wheel bearings to get my job done because of issues with my FCP Euro package. Even with the mishaps I will still order products from FCP Euro because when I addressed my issue, even after two months, they were more than willing to work with me and provide me a full refund of my order. Working with them was pleasant and the crew who work there were awesome!

Yes, it is a PITA to find out your order has missing items or worse yet, broken items upon delivery, which was the case for me. Even so, reaching out to them and explaining what was wrong with my order was all it took to make amends. I know that there is a "Why I hate ECS Tuning" thread on one of these forums somewhere for people showing discontent. The point being if I had to choose between ECS Tuning and FCP Euro to get items for any of my cars, FCP Euro will always win.

I'm lucky in that I can get someone to stop by FCP Euro to either pick up my orders or if I really wanted to, I can make the drive down myself to pick up my order. They have an awesome facility and I was fortunate enough to stop by there when Botond picked up his Orient touring.

Ugh...I just get hit hard by the FCP Euro lack-of-quality-control shipment bug. I live in TX but keep a 330cic in Atlanta for use during my weekly work visits. I ordered FCP's Mango kit and had it delivered to Atlanta so that on my trip this week I could take the car and the kit to local shop for installation. The package was delivered to my Atlanta office Friday, and I inspected it for the first time last night (Monday). It consisted of a radiator and a couple other parts - looks to be about 10% of the parts in the kit. I didn't have time to inventory what was there versus what was omitted due to my work schedule and now I had to cancel the install appointment (was scheduled for today), and I will not be back in Atlanta for 2 weeks (the extended absence was why I wanted to put the car in the shop today).

The 1st photo attached is from FCP's website showing the Mango kit's components. The 2nd photo is what I received. There is nothing hidden under the radiator.

I have contacted FCP through their website for resolution.

Ugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by phillipjfry View Post
    Had some zinc rotors shipped out from FCP last week. They packaged the rotors on top of each other with no barrier in between. This resulted in the rotors getting totally marred up. Contacted FCP, they sent out new ones, and gave me a return label. They were very apologetic about it. It happens, not too upset because I didn't order them as a set on accident. So it didnt hold up my time frame.

I'll update Wednesday 9/26/19 when the replacements arrive. I'm really hoping they are packaged better this time.

This order is the first one I've placed in over 7 years due to a giant hassle I had with some control arms FCP sent out. FCP reached out to me on this forum, and gave me a coupon to make things right. It was a very nice gesture on their part. I'm hoping after reading this thread I get the replacements in good condition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Hey...I ordered a pair of front zimmerman rotors for my wifes E39 months ago and they were shipped the same way as yours. All scuffed up. The top one was all scuffed on the back rotor-pad interface (which I didn't care about, since the pads will do that), the other was all on the hat of the rotor, which I care a lot more about since that's the part coated in rust protection so it doesn't rust.

Now, I'm in FL with no rust and didn't have time to wait for another set of rotors to come, so I didn't bring it up with them. But they packed mine the EXACT same way as yours: two rotors in boxes tossed together in one box with nothing else in there. The heavy rotors shifted around so much in shipment, it obliterated the two cardboard boxes that encased each rotor. So obviously their shipping practices for rotors haven't changed much.

That being said I still use FCP for nearly all my orders
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
    Ugh...I just get hit hard by the FCP Euro lack-of-quality-control shipment bug. I live in TX but keep a 330cic in Atlanta for use during my weekly work visits. I ordered FCP's Mango kit and had it delivered to Atlanta so that on my trip this week I could take the car and the kit to local shop for installation. The package was delivered to my Atlanta office Friday, and I inspected it for the first time last night (Monday). It consisted of a radiator and a couple other parts - looks to be about 10% of the parts in the kit. I didn't have time to inventory what was there versus what was omitted due to my work schedule and now I had to cancel the install appointment (was scheduled for today), and I will not be back in Atlanta for 2 weeks (the extended absence was why I wanted to put the car in the shop today).

The 1st photo attached is from FCP's website showing the Mango kit's components. The 2nd photo is what I received. There is nothing hidden under the radiator.

I have contacted FCP through their website for resolution.

Ugh.
    You must be expecting a second box with that order, unless they just forgot to send the other box?
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    Hey...I ordered a pair of front zimmerman rotors for my wifes E39 months ago and they were shipped the same way as yours. All scuffed up. The top one was all scuffed on the back rotor-pad interface (which I didn't care about, since the pads will do that), the other was all on the hat of the rotor, which I care a lot more about since that's the part coated in rust protection so it doesn't rust.

Now, I'm in FL with no rust and didn't have time to wait for another set of rotors to come, so I didn't bring it up with them. But they packed mine the EXACT same way as yours: two rotors in boxes tossed together in one box with nothing else in there. The heavy rotors shifted around so much in shipment, it obliterated the two cardboard boxes that encased each rotor. So obviously their shipping practices for rotors haven't changed much.

That being said I still use FCP for nearly all my orders
    Yeah, the friction area isnt that big of a deal I wouldn't think. But with gouging I think that's another issue. A few scuffs on the friction area normally wouldnt bother me, but i was reading the installation instructions, and they state to not use brake clean as it will damage the zinc coating. Honestly I'm a little confused as to why the coating matters on the friction area of the rotor, as it will wear as soon as the pad clamps down, but they went out of their way to instruct not to damage it.

Did you have any issues with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Maybe I’m just lucky, but so far I haven’t received any damaged goods. However, the packaging is undeniably bad. ECS’s boxes are sturdier, better packed with filler material and sometimes boxes inside of boxes to prevent damage, and tend to be more size appropriate for the items they contain.

With that said, I am still a devout FCP customer unless it’s something they don’t carry or the price difference is significant. FCP’s free shipping is almost always faster than ECS/TMS. I’ve contacted ECS’s customer service one time and they were rude and unhelpful—the closest thing to bad service/an order error I’ve had from FCP was receiving 6 bleed screws when I ordered 4...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    You must be expecting a second box with that order, unless they just forgot to send the other box?
    My original thought too, but the first box was delivered on Friday and here we are 3 deliverable days later and no additional boxes have appeared. Also, the tracking info through FCP's website only provides data on one box. So I am not really expecting anything else to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
    My original thought too, but the first box was delivered on Friday and here we are 3 deliverable days later and no additional boxes have appeared. Also, the tracking info through FCP's website only provides data on one box. So I am not really expecting anything else to show up.
    I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the complete kit yet.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I'll look into this more for you.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
    Dave
    FCP Euro

e. davidg1@fcpeuro.com
    w. www.fcpeuro.com

Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns. Shop BMW Parts

Quote Originally Posted by FCP Euro View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the complete kit yet.

Can you PM or email me your order number? I'll look into this more for you.

davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Regards,
    Dave
    Sent you an email. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

I’ve never had a single issue with FCP so far, thank god. I live on Long Island and if I choose free shipping, it’s damn near over nighted to me via the Bridgeport Ferry to Port Jeff Ferry which is freaking awesome. I’ve found myself buying the smallest of hard to find parts or miscellaneous hardware from them instead of my dealer because it’s so much cheaper.
    Ordered a new torx bolt for my electric fan and instead of 1 screw, I received several.

My only gripe is that they no longer allow tiered discounts on big purchases but I understand, that’s how they brought people into the door & now only offer a 5% discount on anything over 300$ I think. Which is more than fine for me (at times) because it usually means I only pay around 5-10$ in taxes instead of 30$+

I met two reps from FCPEuro at Mpact, one of the gentlemen was the guy who does the DIY videos and it was nice to meet people who are not only powered by enthusiast but enthusiasts themselves.

..... come to think of it, I really need to make a trip out there facility to one of there car shows lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast