Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1919 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 9191419181918691909191719181919192019211929196920192419 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,190 of 26150
    I PM'd someone about some BBS CHs. Forgive me wallet for I have sinned.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Nice, CH's look great on our cars. Like fo real fo real

P.S., you, to your wallet:

750 mikes road trip this past weekend...
    64.9 mph avg speed
    30.1 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    it's only money.

are they 18x8.5" square?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    750 mikes road trip this past weekend...
    64.9 mph avg speed
    30.1 mpg

Not bad. That's the best I've ever averaged.

i have a friend who had a nervous breakdown in february and is in rehab for a year. his poor wife has two young kids and a house to look after, works full time as an underpaid teacher at my kids' school, and to top it off.... has a needy a 2002 325iT steptronic. she can't afford to have stuff fixed so my wife and i decided to help her out (my wife is my brake bleeding partner ). it was overdue for an oil change and both front brake lines were cracked and rotting (i had noticed this when i replaced both front control arms, FCABs, and tie rods just before my friend was hospitalized).

i heard some clunking when i drove it back to my house and suspected that the left front strut was dead, which i confirmed when i had the wheels off. also when the wheels were off, i noticed the front pads and rotors were nearly done. great.

so i get to work - the oil pan drain bolt had almost zero resistance, and he is what i found when i removed it... well, whatever 'it' is. i'm really surprising it wasn't leaking, because this thing was barely making any kind of a seal at all. this is why you should change you own oil. i'm assuming the oil change place they brought it to before put this into the oil pan... cause it sure ain't stock:

Name:  stupid_bolt.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  165.1 KB

i spent about 45 minutes looking through fastener bins trying to find something suitable that i could use for an oil pan bolt - it's an M12 x 1.5, which is not really used anywhere on the car except for wheel lug bolts. and that wouldn't work. finally i found one that was the correct thread pitch, but was a bit long - so i stacked 6 thick washers under the head, and then a fresh crush washer, and in it went. i was relieved when it was in and tightened.

the oil filter and new brakes lines went in without drama. whew.

i also found the right front corner light had a lot of condensation in it.... i had a spare so i replaced it, and when i took the old one out (TYC brand - cheap aftermarket crap), look at how much water it had taken on!

Name:  water.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  231.4 KB

all in all, a satisfying repair. as i delivered the car back to her this morning, thinking how am i going to tell her it needs a front strut and new brakes when she has no money, i realized that hey, i'm going to have some not-yet-dead-and-not-leaking OEM sport front struts and a nearly-new set of 325i rotors and pads from my Touring in a month when i do the drivetrain/brake/suspension swap from the ZHP! a DD's need being met from my swap project - i love it. it truly is better to give than to receive.

happy tuesday motoring, everyone!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    are they 18x8.5" square?
    Staggered with 18x10 rear. I worked out the math and the fitment should be fine, but bye bye to rotating tires. Can't argue the fact that a staggered setup looks more at home on a coupe than square, though.

it truly is better to give than to receive.

Not quoting that whole thing, but good on you, Peter.

I stopped the other day to change a flat for a lady and noticed that one of her lug studs was broken off, so I picked up a new one at Autozone and am waiting for her to come by the house so I can swap it out...I mean it's really just an excuse to (a) see if my quickjack will lift a Mitsubishi Galant and (b) hit something with a hammer...

But back on topic--the whole time I was reading your post, I was thinking "we could easily cover the parts costs for this lady and Peter is nice enough to do whatever labor is involved, because Peter."

So all that to say that this is happening no matter what you say:

The Official ZHP Mafia Get This Teacher Lady's Wagon In Tip Top Shape Fund

or OZMGTTLWITTSF, for short.

A kickstarter seems wholly unnecessary given the level of camaraderie here, so why don't you just share your Paypal address and we'll start throwing money at you to add to the fund?
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 04-19-2017 at 10:23 AM.

i have a friend who had a nervous breakdown in february and is in rehab for a year. his poor wife has two young kids and a house to look after, works full time as an underpaid teacher at my kids' school, and to top it off.... has a needy a 2002 325iT steptronic. she can't afford to have stuff fixed so my wife and i decided to help her out (my wife is my brake bleeding partner ). it was overdue for an oil change and both front brake lines were cracked and rotting (i had noticed this when i replaced both front control arms, FCABs, and tie rods just before my friend was hospitalized).

i heard some clunking when i drove it back to my house and suspected that the left front strut was dead, which i confirmed when i had the wheels off. also when the wheels were off, i noticed the front pads and rotors were nearly done. great.

so i get to work - the oil pan drain bolt had almost zero resistance, and he is what i found when i removed it... well, whatever 'it' is. i'm really surprising it wasn't leaking, because this thing was barely making any kind of a seal at all. this is why you should change you own oil. i'm assuming the oil change place they brought it to before put this into the oil pan... cause it sure ain't stock:

Name:  stupid_bolt.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  165.1 KB

i spent about 45 minutes looking through fastener bins trying to find something suitable that i could use for an oil pan bolt - it's an M12 x 1.5, which is not really used anywhere on the car except for wheel lug bolts. and that wouldn't work. finally i found one that was the correct thread pitch, but was a bit long - so i stacked 6 thick washers under the head, and then a fresh crush washer, and in it went. i was relieved when it was in and tightened.

the oil filter and new brakes lines went in without drama. whew.

i also found the right front corner light had a lot of condensation in it.... i had a spare so i replaced it, and when i took the old one out (TYC brand - cheap aftermarket crap), look at how much water it had taken on!

Name:  water.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  231.4 KB

all in all, a satisfying repair. as i delivered the car back to her this morning, thinking how am i going to tell her it needs a front strut and new brakes when she has no money, i realized that hey, i'm going to have some not-yet-dead-and-not-leaking OEM sport front struts and a nearly-new set of 325i rotors and pads from my Touring in a month when i do the drivetrain/brake/suspension swap from the ZHP! a DD's need being met from my swap project - i love it. it truly is better to give than to receive.

That is really nice of you Peter!

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

That's great, Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Staggered with 18x10 rear. I worked out the math and the fitment should be fine, but bye bye to rotating tires. Can't argue the fact that a staggered setup looks more at home on a coupe than square, though.
    i agree, it does... but what size tire? fortunately the coupe has a bit more room in the rear arch than the sedan/Touring do.

I stopped the other day to change a flat for a lady and noticed that one of her lug studs was broken off, so I picked up a new one at Autozone and am waiting for her to come by the house so I can swap it out...I mean it's really just an excuse to (a) see if my quickjack will lift a Mitsubishi Galant and (b) hit something with a hammer...
    first off, awesome possum. you're one of the few! and that made me think of this... one of my favorite movie quotes - and movies - of all time:

"it's nothing ma'am. i had the tire, and the jack." LOL. (i also love that one of the ladies in the car said "you've totaled it." LOL!)

https://youtu.be/gKGOG-Pr81E?t=96

so funny. bill murray is a comedic genius.

But back on topic--the whole time I was reading your post, I was thinking "we could easily cover the parts costs for this lady and Peter is nice enough to do whatever labor is involved, because Peter."

So all that to say that this is happening no matter what you say:

The Official ZHP Mafia Get This Lady's Wagon In Tip Top Shape Fund

or OZMGTLWITTSF, for short.

A kickstarter seems wholly unnecessary given the level of camaraderie here, so why don't you just share your Paypal address and we'll start throwing money at you to add to the fund?
    dude... i am speechless. i appreciate the thought - i really do! - but this is way beyond necessary. i was happy to buy her parts this go-round, and the struts and rotors + pads are coming off the Touring. so no money out of pocket there. but i really do appreciate the thoughtfulness, that is what counts!

the car does need an alignment, though (she hasn't gotten that done since i replaced the other suspension bits a couple months ago). haven't figured that one out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    That is really nice of you Peter!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's great, Peter!
    aww shucks, guys. it feels good to help people, especially when i can use the gifts i've been given.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1919 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 9191419181918691909191719181919192019211929196920192419 ... LastLast