Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    but I’m not in love with the length in the back...
    Obligatory "That's what she said."

Not using spacers at the track is one of the selling points of studs too. Having to keep up with 40 bolts (20 OE, 20 extended) was really annoying
    Just make sure you replace them every so often if you do a lot of events.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Obligatory "That's what she said."
    I suppose I walked right into that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Just make sure you replace them every so often if you do a lot of events.
    Recommendation is annual for dedicated track cars, right? So I’d think a dual use car can probably go 2 years?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Oh yea, definitely something I triple checked. I agree 10mm would be max under extreme stress, but fortunately I don’t run spacers at all on my track wheels (they’re ET38 and clear the brakes, my CSLs are ET45 and do not). I’ve been on the lookout for 10mm for a while, actually, and will be selling the 12.5mm + bolts once I find a reasonably priced pair.

Not using spacers at the track is one of the selling points of studs too. Having to keep up with 40 bolts (20 OE, 20 extended) was really annoying
    Ok, that's good.
    The rule of thumb for track cars is you want the same amount of threads showing as the thickness of the lug nut. For weekend warriors a few threads showing should be good...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Recommendation is annual for dedicated track cars, right? So I’d think a dual use car can probably go 2 years?
    Yep.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

-->saved in case I decide to backfill thread with missing updates<--

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Took the ZHP home for Thanksgiving.

Quick backstory: my mom's 250,000+ mile 2004 RX330 finally received a repair bill my parents' couldn't justify, and it was time to car shop. Over the last 14.5 years she has grown accustomed to the merits of SUV life, so sedans were out of the question. She's also, umm, she's stuck in her ways (e.g., she had a bad experience at the Acura dealer in 2004 when she test drove an MDX so she'll never consider an Acura again ). They tested a bunch of cars--X3, X5, RX350, Merc GLE, Audi Q5, etc., and ended up buying a car they weren't even considering--a car which has been on the butt-end of a lot of car jokes in my family over the years--a friggin' Lexus GX. Why? "Because we're 60 years old and at the end of the day it was the most comfortable car for our 60 year old bones." Unassailable logic, I suppose, plus they got a brand new GX for $2k less than the 2017 X5 with 20k miles they thought they were going to buy.

This was my first time seeing it. It's big. Like, hilariously big. The ZHP's roof is level with the bottom of her side windows.

Oh, it's also really nice, and rides really well. Despite the still unforgivable Lexus Spindle Grille (TM) it's a nice vehicle. Super soft seats, you sit a mile in the air, smooth V8. Obviously not what I'd want, but I can see the appeal, and they can afford the appalling fuel economy.

My uncle drove his NB Miata to Thanksgiving. As some of you may know, I'm very likely going to buy this car. It's a 2002 6MT with under 70k miles, probably never been revved over 5k RPM, and doesn't go out in the rain. I need to run the VIN, but it has a Nardi steering wheel which I'm told means it has an LSD.

::cough::TrackCar::cough::FutureSpecMiataBuild

I still haven't decided on an alarm for the house yet, so I decided to come back home Thursday night. I have all the blinds/plantation shutters down because I'm painting so it's really obvious when nobody's home at night. Plus the I-85 traffic at 10-12pm on Thanksgiving night was non-existent. The trunk was weighed down with crap from my parents' house and a "quick" trip to Ikea, so my headlights got maximum range...sorry to anybody I blinded.

#GasStationBooty

The pop-out quarter windows on the coupe are really pretty awesome for dogs. It lets them smell the outside world without having to stand on the armrests/door card, and falling out is impossible. On the flip side, getting in the back of a coupe to clean all the nose prints is a bigger pain in the ass than in a sedan.

Happy Thanksgiving, Spenser!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

OOOh joining the Miata lyfe. Still the most smiles per mph I've had in any car.

The pop-out quarter windows on the coupe are really pretty awesome for dogs. It lets them smell the outside world without having to stand on the armrests/door card, and falling out is impossible. On the flip side, getting in the back of a coupe to clean all the nose prints is a bigger pain in the ass than in a sedan.

love this.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

That SUV is massive and your coupe looks tiny parked next to it.
    I love picture of you friend in the rear seat. He looks comfortable in the coupe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast