Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    It looks like Wednesday will be the day I will be taking off the broken passenger side skirt and install my new one since it will be sunny outside. As for doing my rear Wilwood BBK install... that might slip off to the right due to weather...

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

My Mystic Adventure...

Yeah I dragged this part on the ground because it was the wrong part and was broken already... it was promptly thrown away into the dumpster after I was finished swapping in the right part...

I finally removed this wrong broken side skirt part one of the previous owners of my ZHP had installed and installed the right MTEC II side skirt. Shade is slightly off but what is important is I now have the right part on my ZHP. Later on I will deal with all the cosmetic flaws of this car when I have it completely repainted...

looks like the color is slightly off with more green added (yes I shook the can for five minutes). I can live with this for now...

This was the wrong side skirt the previous owner/s had installed on my car.

and the right MTEC II side skirt

My OCD regarding body panels has been relieved for now. I still have lots of work to knock out but it is nice seeing progress being made to this car

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 08-11-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Good enough for a rattle can job! I've been noticing that my right rear quarter panel right behind the door has a bad colour match. Can't complain since it was part of the free rocker panel replacement. In my case it's worse in pics than real life... annoying but I'm just going to leave it

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Good enough for a rattle can job! I've been noticing that my right rear quarter panel right behind the door has a bad colour match. Can't complain since it was part of the free rocker panel replacement. In my case it's worse in pics than real life... annoying but I'm just going to leave it
    Thanks! Like I said, eventually after getting all mechanical issues fully sorted on this car first and upgrading component/systems as I go along... when I get to the cosmetics I will be looking at doing a full repainting of this car. I have a feeling that alone will run me close to another $10k because I will want to make my ZHP perfect.

I realize it does not make any sense to be putting all sorts of money into a high mileage daily driver like my ZHP but I really love this car and feel it deserves the TLC to keep her looking and running like new... for me it's not about how much I can get for selling a car like this... but rather, how far can I take a car like this and have it set up perfectly and looking like a brand new car again... it's about the journey for me...

Are you planning on getting agreed-value insurance? With enthusiasts like us who have put more into our cars than we've purchased them for, it's something I want to look into when I move to US. I have had a couple accidents and both times had to fight not to have my car totalled. It's especially worrying with a high-mileage car since it's just a "crappy old BMW worth nothing" in the insurance company's eyes

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Thanks! Like I said, eventually after getting all mechanical issues fully sorted on this car first and upgrading component/systems as I go along... when I get to the cosmetics I will be looking at doing a full repainting of this car. I have a feeling that alone will run me close to another $10k because I will want to make my ZHP perfect.
    Resprays aren't uncommon back in Europe, even non-enthusiasts will opt for them because paint is just a wear and tear item like all other mechanical parts on a car. $10k is too much though, if we are just talking respray in the existing color with factory level quality, I'd be looking at the $5k region.

Are you planning on getting agreed-value insurance? With enthusiasts like us who have put more into our cars than we've purchased them for, it's something I want to look into when I move to US. I have had a couple accidents and both times had to fight not to have my car totalled. It's especially worrying with a high-mileage car since it's just a "crappy old BMW worth nothing" in the insurance company's eyes

Do it, not sure how Moose drivers are but US drivers something else, that's for sure.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Do it, not sure how Moose drivers are but US drivers something else, that's for sure.
    There's a huge thread on this in NAM3F and unfortunately it seems you cannot have an agreed value policy on your only car, but that's with companies like Hagerty or Grundy. When the time comes I'll see if regular companies like State Farm can do that.

If not I may just pick up some $2k beater so I can get that policy on my car, and added bonuses are a car I can drive without worry if needed, and my parents can use it if they visit.

Haha moose insurance is a lot more expensive, but our coverage is a lot more. Quite frankly I'm surprised at the coverage - 300k liability is considered high, whereas 200k is the legal minimum in Ontario, and most people including myself have $1M. When I got my car at age of 18 I was paying $320/mo, now I'm down to $120/mo for full coverage. Drivers also aren't great here, in fact my neighbourhood is known to have one of the worst drivers in the Toronto area

I'm with you on this one and need to look into it as well. Would hate to have these quality parts installed and be taken out by Susan because she was distracted by her kids.

By the way, where in California are you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    I'm with you on this one and need to look into it as well. Would hate to have these quality parts installed and be taken out by Susan because she was distracted by her kids.

By the way, where in California are you moving to?
    SF Bay Area, unfortunately a little far from you.

Sorry to derail the thread Charlie lol

This is true and once I have everything done I may look to get agreed-value insurance for all four of my cars... the problem with insurance companies is that they all are a scam!

They are in the business to make money from their customers so in the event you get rear ended by some dumbass teenager texting while driving, we take a loss on our cars because of current value vs cost of repair.

I went thru this BS with my M3 a few years back because I tapped someone's car, caused $600 damage to their car and on my M3 I had to replace a passenger headlight assembly, front radiator support, and a hood. There was also some damage to my bumper which would be part of all this and the cost of all necessary parts (hood, front radiator support, and passenger headlight assembly) as well as repainting of the hood, fenders and bumper would have totalled my M3 due to mileage (181k at the time of the accident) so I kept the insurance out of it and did all the repairs myself out of pocket. Did it hurt? Hell yes it did because my insurance rates went up and I had to pay out of pocket to fully repair my M3... but I kept it from getting totalled and having a salvage title as well as having to deal with buying my car back... I did not want to go thru those headaches.

- no worries on derailing my thread

You will love the SF Bay Area Beautiful! Derek (Derbo) is in this area as well as a few other enthusiasts... lots of awesome opportunities for photo ops with your car. Jelly.....

Resprays aren't uncommon back in Europe, even non-enthusiasts will opt for them because paint is just a wear and tear item like all other mechanical parts on a car. $10k is too much though, if we are just talking respray in the existing color with factory level quality, I'd be looking at the $5k region.
    When I repaint my ZHP I will be looking to have the hood, doors, side skirts, front and rear bumpers removed and have the car properly prepped and repainted... the rear driver's side door has damage and poor repairs on it so it looks like either a door replacement or replace the door skin.... that too will add to the cost but I want to have this car done right without any taped lines showing... all this requires a lot of work and will end up costing a pretty penny but to me it will be worth having my ZHP back to pristine condition no matter the mileage...at least this is my goal...

Then there are the Style 135 wheels... yes, I will either have them replaced or reconditioned back to brand new like condition... as heavy as these wheels are, they still look the best on the ZHP to me.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast