Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    It did yes, thanks for chiming in. Almost forgot about that. Might be something else going on with your car then @JPMo.
    maybe bumpsteer isn't the correct term but I don't know how else to describe steering feeling that is very sensitive to the road changes. Maybe thats what a BMW is all about.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    maybe bumpsteer isn't the correct term but I don't know how else to describe steering feeling that is very sensitive to the road changes. Maybe thats what a BMW is all about.
    I think this is more of an alignment issue. Usually an increase in caster makes the car less likely to turn, basically more stability driving straight. If you have a lot of negative camber in the front with 0 toe (or toe out), it will move like how you're describing. The other thing could be the tires. Some tires are more susceptible to like tramlining (ie. Michelin PSS).

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I think this is more of an alignment issue. Usually an increase in caster makes the car less likely to turn, basically more stability driving straight. If you have a lot of negative camber in the front with 0 toe (or toe out), it will move like how you're describing. The other thing could be the tires. Some tires are more susceptible to like tramlining (ie. Michelin PSS).
    This is a good point. The darting usually means you're toed out, but even with a perfect alignment my car was an absolute terror on the highway with heavily worn PSS's.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    This is a good point. The darting usually means you're toed out, but even with a perfect alignment my car was an absolute terror on the highway with heavily worn PSS's.
    Can confirm. My car with work worn PSS on a wet and rainy I-80 was tramlining so much it wasn’t funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I am in the process of upgrading the suspension on my wife's 2003 325i sedan with ZHP parts. I have a complete set of springs and will buy new dampers. FCPro is telling me that there are the correct dampers:317-539 and 317-540 but the link above states that these are the correct one: 317-541 and 317-542. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by SharadnM3 View Post
    I am in the process of upgrading the suspension on my wife's 2003 325i sedan with ZHP parts. I have a complete set of springs and will buy new dampers. FCPro is telling me that there are the correct dampers:317-539 and 317-540 but the link above states that these are the correct one: 317-541 and 317-542. What do you all think?
    Are you looking for ZHP suspension or MSport suspension? The ZHP just came with regular sport dampers, not the MSport dampers.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I am not sure I know the difference. It is my wife's car so comfort has to be taken into account but I found the stock suspension too floaty.

Quote Originally Posted by SharadnM3 View Post
    I am not sure I know the difference. It is my wife's car so comfort has to be taken into account but I found the stock suspension too floaty.
    Only you can decide what you'd prefer. All I can say is that even with Pro-Kit springs and MSport dampers, my car has remained very comfortable. At the end of the day these are still stock BMW dampers, so nothing that would compromise ride quality too much.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

The 317-541/542 indicate they are for both the Sports suspension settings (S226A) and M Sport Package II (S338A) the 317-539/540 indicate they are only for the Sports suspension settings (S226A).

Do you know which ones are stiffer? Which ones did you use 317-541/542? These are the ones I ordered

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast