Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Well if you're doing SS lines, might as well do the clutch SS line and do the CDV delete while you're at. But the clutch one is a bitch to do Well it's just messier to do lol The CDV delete doesn't do that much though. I don't know why everyone raves about it. I swapped both fluids already, I just don't remember exactly what I put in it. I think redline for the tranny and motul for the brakes.

The temps here sometimes go below 45 lol But it's mainly like late at night/early morning which no one drives during except me.
    Agreed. UUC has a SS clutch line for a decent price. It isn't too bad to swap out. For the transmission fluid I used Redline MTL, and for the diff I used Redline 75W90. Note that the diff requires (at least in my car) a 14mm male hex wrench and the transmission (again, for me) required a T50 Torx bit. Some members had different sizes/bolts for the transmission.

As for brake fluid I first used BMW's stuff and that worked fine. I now have Pentosin DOT4 LV. A lot of people swear by ATE TYP 200.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    It was... but very short lived. Threw a code this morning 30 mins into a 90 min drive. Have yet to read it. Man...
    Oof. That's annoying, sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Agreed. UUC has a SS clutch line for a decent price. It isn't too bad to swap out.
    What is the benefit of a SS clutch line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    What is the benefit of a SS clutch line?

Beyond minimizing the risk of a burst soft line I'm not really sure. I doubt it would change pedal feel. My gut tells me that since the brake system and clutch system share the same reservoir, that changing out only the rubber brake lines for SS lines will make the rubber clutch line the new weak point in the system.

I did notice a slight difference in clutch pedal engagement when I replaced my rubber clutch line for an SS line, but then again I did the CDV delete at the same time which I would think contributed to most of the change in pedal feel. Interesting aside, wsmeyer wrote an interesting post about the CDV and its impact on clutch pedal feel, stating it really shouldn't occur and is most likely negligible under regular driving conditions (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...lics-Explained)

I have the UUC SS clutch line in both of the cars. Nice quality piece. Gave more a firm pedal feel IMO

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Agreed. UUC has a SS clutch line for a decent price. It isn't too bad to swap out. For the transmission fluid I used Redline MTL, and for the diff I used Redline 75W90. Note that the diff requires (at least in my car) a 14mm male hex wrench and the transmission (again, for me) required a T50 Torx bit. Some members had different sizes/bolts for the transmission.

As for brake fluid I first used BMW's stuff and that worked fine. I now have Pentosin DOT4 LV. A lot of people swear by ATE TYP 200.

Oof. That's annoying, sorry to hear.
    Thanks for the input. Nice to hear from guys who have done it all once before. A UUC SS clutch line seems like a good idea and I was planning on getting their short shifter and shifter linkage kit (DSSR). Asking the GF for new shift know for X-mas so that should be huge feels improvement. Honestly, to me the biggest let down coming from the BRZ to the ZHP was the clutch feel. The clutch in the BRZ was light, crisp, precise, and extremely easy to quick shift. The ZHP feels squishy and soupy. This is going to be my first mod once maintenance is complete.

Fluids I was thinking redline for Tranny and Diff. I think it is worth the extra $$$ when it comes to lubricating fluids. Brake fluid, I may go cheap for now and will replace in a year (as well as pads) before hitting the track

Beyond minimizing the risk of a burst soft line I'm not really sure. I doubt it would change pedal feel. My gut tells me that since the brake system and clutch system share the same reservoir, that changing out only the rubber brake lines for SS lines will make the rubber clutch line the new weak point in the system.

I did notice a slight difference in clutch pedal engagement when I replaced my rubber clutch line for an SS line, but then again I did the CDV delete at the same time which I would think contributed to most of the change in pedal feel. Interesting aside, wsmeyer wrote an interesting post about the CDV and its impact on clutch pedal feel, stating it really shouldn't occur and is most likely negligible under regular driving conditions (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...lics-Explained)
    I'll need to look up a CDV DIY but is it an easy job? Would this be recommended if future plans may involve moving away from the SAC design?

I'll need to look up a CDV DIY but is it an easy job? Would this be recommended if future plans may involve moving away from the SAC design?
    Yup, takes 10 min...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Yup, takes 10 min...

Lol, sounds easy enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    We can scan it on Saturday and see if we can get more precise readings.
    That would be cool. My scanner is a cheapo $30 unit from AutoZone

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I have the UUC SS clutch line in both of the cars. Nice quality piece. Gave more a firm pedal feel IMO
    Agreed. It seems like a well made piece and I got mine free with my order of their SSK.

Thanks for the input. Nice to hear from guys who have done it all once before. A UUC SS clutch line seems like a good idea and I was planning on getting their short shifter and shifter linkage kit (DSSR). Asking the GF for new shift know for X-mas so that should be huge feels improvement. Honestly, to me the biggest let down coming from the BRZ to the ZHP was the clutch feel. The clutch in the BRZ was light, crisp, precise, and extremely easy to quick shift. The ZHP feels squishy and soupy. This is going to be my first mod once maintenance is complete.

Fluids I was thinking redline for Tranny and Diff. I think it is worth the extra $$$ when it comes to lubricating fluids. Brake fluid, I may go cheap for now and will replace in a year (as well as pads) before hitting the track
    I have UUC's SSK as well. I didn't have the best customer experience (they sent the wrong unit but refused to believe me until multiple calls and emails back and forth). It's better now and I really enjoy it. When it's cold it's sometimes hard to get into first gear, but I plan to swap out the engine and transmission mounts for M3 ones to see if that'll help at all. Redline isn't expensive, and is cheap preventative maintenance. Brake fluid isn't expensive either, but there's nothing wrong with BMW's stuff. I would wager more track-experienced owners would suggest you flush your brake fluid with something like ATE just before a track day.

As San said, it's very quick. I didn't actually remove the CDV, I just replaced my CDV with UUC's "unlock" valve which is just a modified CDV. I used that instead of just removing the CDV because it came free with my SSK order, but it amounts to the same thing (link: http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/unloc...kit-p1382.aspx)

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast