Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    My opinion: STEER CLEAR. I put one on a 2002 BMW 325i along with the organic high performance disc. ...............and the clutch was HEAVY. ..........
    Just a data point.

force required to press pedal to floor:
    26 lbs. = oe
    46 lbs. = clutchmasters
    66 lbs. = uuc

You can replace pressure plate on the uuc for different results.

Where did you obtain this data?

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Where did you obtain this data?
    I put a 2ft long 2x4 on the clutch pedal, put a digital scale on the other end, sat down and pushed on the scale. Did it 3-4 times for each car. The ts2 car (uuc clutch) measured more irratic. I think after 40k miles the clutch pedal bushings we’re wearing. Got measurements from 62-68ish.

So not perfectly scientific, but more imperial data than internet “hear-say” of a “heavy” clutch.

I’ve logged nearly 200k miles in 3 ZHP‘s, spun lots of wrenches and had some dedicated track cars. my tastes have changed as I’ve gotten old…….. so not sure my opinion is of any benefit.
    Last edited by jason89i; 05-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post
    I put a 2ft long 2x4 on the clutch pedal, put a digital scale on the other end, sat down and pushed on the scale. Did it 3-4 times for each car. The ts2 car (uuc clutch) measured more irratic. I think after 40k miles the clutch pedal bushings we’re wearing. Got measurements from 62-68ish.

So not perfectly scientific, but more imperial data than internet “hear-say” of a “heavy” clutch.

I’ve logged nearly 200k miles in 3 ZHP‘s, spun lots of wrenches and had some dedicated track cars. my tastes have changed as I’ve gotten old…….. so not sure my opinion is of any benefit.
    Honestly way more scientific than most forum data. Thanks for gathering/sharing!

+1. Not many people would go that far so it's appreciated! Have you driven the clutch masters? The stock one is undoubtedly light but 46lbs with your data is a near 2x increase in pressure. Do you think it is good for a daily?

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    +......Have you driven the clutch masters? ....... Do you think it is good for a daily?
    Yes, Ive logged 30k on the clutchmaster. I initially thought it was great, but fell out of love with it as I got older. Back in my youthful days I daily drove an s54e30m track car on 900# springs...... back then it would have been perfect. But now im getting old and think its "a little too heavy." My cushey 340i clutch is xxx#, so personal preference would be somewhere in the middle.

Now, the uuc, I hope you do your weekly squats. But great on the track.

ps. I broke springs in both the uuc and clutchmaster sprung hubs within the first 5k miles.
    Last edited by jason89i; 05-03-2022 at 02:16 PM.

That's understandable. I don't think I would like a clutch that made me feel that way either. Happy to hear you have a B58 manual. Those things are insane. Can I ask what you think of the shifter? I'm half contemplating one myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123