Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    I had that with my volvo. I had two subs with an amp in between and a capacitor mount. They were all attached to a piece of MDF that I had stapled carpet on. Whole thing would slide right out. I most likely wont be taking it out that often at the moment. Just need half the trunk for now. Hardly ever have more than myself a backpack and a tool set in the car.

That dude has a nice Bimmer. Ive been going spool crazy with the Fiesta ST lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Sweet. Maybe consider a quick removal setup, like this guy (jump to 3 mins 20 secs):

That's really nice. He needs to mass produce those (or at least give us a parts list and diy!).

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    That's really nice. He needs to mass produce those (or at least give us a parts list and diy!).
    Yes please. once i secure a second vehicle id love to boost the ZHP. I love NA motors,but when they are higher revving. My BRZ was tuned to spin to 8,000rpm in the first 3 gears. Raising the rev limit allowed me to hit 60mph before shifting to 3rd gear. Drastic reduction in 0 to 60 time with out a 2nd shifting point. Love the FA-20 engine in that car. Such a rev whore.

Thinking once the ZHP hits 200,000 miles i'll pick up a dirt cheap lease on a normal person car, think regular Fiesta or corolla, and the ZHP will be retired to Weekend Warrior Status. Most likely will never strip the interior, but it will be close to a race car

Going to pick up an Aux input retro fit kit this week to go with the new stereo install. I am hoping to borrow a GoPro from a coworker so I can create an installation video for the Capacitor, Amp, and sub. Should be helpful for others wishing to add some bass to their trunks.

Going to order from ECS Tuning. Will be my first purchase from them so hopefully shipping is quick.
    https://www.ecstuning.com/ES194845/?...FYZefgodkgMClg

Also need a speaker line out to RCA converter. Found one on Crutchfield.com that will hopefully work. Need to research compatibility, but it should be good to go. I like this model because it has a a remote level control knob. It also has a built in remote wire to turn the amp on and off with the head unit. 3 for one with this unit then. Mixed review on the level control knob, but its from Crutchfield, so returns should be easy. The amp came with a control knob, but it is still installed in the PO's truck.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC9...Converter.html

I highly recommend Crutchfield for any car related electronics purchase. They have great customer service, pretty good prices, and great deals every now-and-then. I got a buy one get one free deal on the Kicker Subwoofers that went into my Volvo. A $250 for free!

All in, should be about $100 dollars of wiring to have the system installed and the Aux port installed. Not bad for a major upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Good stuff! Definitely keep us updated with a video of the install process. Would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawn, 801

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Good stuff! Definitely keep us updated with a video of the install process. Would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will. Seems fairly easy actually. Use the line out converter to tap speaker signal and remote for amp. Wiring is easy. Wire Pos+ to capacitor, then to amp. Both get chassis grounds. The RCA converter will tap into 5 wires at the harness on the stock H/K system. Then 3 wires will go from the RCA converter to the Amp.

Drew out a diagram and I think I got all the details right. This is just a rough draft and I will have a nicer one on graph paper with actual measurements and wire lengths. This is the diagram so far. Hopefully it makes sense to others.

This install will be for those who have the factory install Harman / Kardon system.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice research and planning. (Good luck with ECS, they have never been quick on shipping imo.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Nice research and planning. (Good luck with ECS, they have never been quick on shipping imo.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous
    Good to know. Thank you. Think Turner Motorsports would stock this or Bavauto. I've used both of them with great success. I was surprised how fast my item form Bavauto got to me considering it shipped from New Hampshire to Cali

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...e46-2003-2006/

Looks like i'll just go Turner again. Hopefully get some more of their stickers.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can snag it from there with free 2-day shipping. It's where I got mine and my sister's.

Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast