Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Wow those are expensive. At least you know the culprit

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow those are expensive. At least you know the culprit

Unfortunately there is more going. I think I am going to have to bring it to a shop. Its getting beyond my skills and abilities to figure out whats wrong. I am going to post some videos through Vimeo tomorrow for people to see.

video link

Can you recommend a good indie shop near by John?
    Last edited by GotZHP; 09-07-2016 at 11:07 PM.

More videos

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Just re-installed the DISA and the new air box. Thanks Ray AKA Karl Lazlo! Air box is in great shape. How many miles are on that filter?
    Actually, I have no idea... The previous owner put it in the trunk when I bought my ZHP, as he installed the BMWP intake. Glad to worked out!

are you sure about no vacuum leaks? also, is your MAF plugged in? (gotta start with the basics. )

do you have a scan tool? (i.e., PASoft) what does it say?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    are you sure about no vacuum leaks? also, is your MAF plugged in? (gotta start with the basics. )

do you have a scan tool? (i.e., PASoft) what does it say?
    Pretty sure its not vacuum but going to tear down and rebuild it today again. I have already placed intake boots, intake manifold gaskets, all vacuum lines, CCV system, New air filter, new air box, MAF plugged in and working. (started the with it unplugged once and got a code right away). New dipstick tube O-ring, oil pan is on firm, dipstick tube pressed in as hard as I could.

I am ordering PA Soft today. As for other basics, going to check fuses. Also, going to let the car run for a little bit longer to see if it will throw a code or maybe work itself out. Going to try and smoke test it as well today.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Pretty sure its not vacuum but going to tear down and rebuild it today again. I have already placed intake boots, intake manifold gaskets, all vacuum lines, CCV system, New air filter, new air box, MAF plugged in and working. (started the with it unplugged once and got a code right away). New dipstick tube O-ring, oil pan is on firm, dipstick tube pressed in as hard as I could.

I am ordering PA Soft today. As for other basics, going to check fuses. Also, going to let the car run for a little bit longer to see if it will throw a code or maybe work itself out. Going to try and smoke test it as well today.
    it likely won't sort itself out, but it might throw a code after a drive. definitely let us know what PASoft says when you get it - that will help tremendously.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Check the rubber on both ends of the plastic vacuum line that runs to the fuel regulator.

Also my car sat for a really long time a few years ago. It barely ran when I started it. Idle problems missing etc. I ended up swapping out the plugs and it ran great... Just something to think about
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I only know indie shops in the South Bay like Auto Werkstatt

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Check the rubber on both ends of the plastic vacuum line that runs to the fuel regulator.

Also my car sat for a really long time a few years ago. It barely ran when I started it. Idle problems missing etc. I ended up swapping out the plugs and it ran great... Just something to think about
    Good Idea, will check the fuel regulator.

I have spark plugs and coils waiting for me once I am out of work. The car did sit without running for almost 3 weeks which is the longest it has sat since I bought it. It did sit for a 10 day stretch while I was on vaca, but started fine then.

Is there a chance a bad battery could cause some issues? I don't think it would be that big of an issue since the alternator runs things mainly?

If i cant figure it out this week, the car will be going to a shop in Huntington Beach for Diagnostics.

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast