Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Good stuff so far! Looking forward to what your plans are!

I'd definitely stick to turner for the cooling overhaul. OEM parts are key when it comes to the expansion tank and several other cooling system parts.

I bought the cheaper kit from ECS tuning, and ended up having to replace my ET after a month. I've heard of many other stories of people having problems with that kit.
    Ecs stage 1 kit?

If yes the po had that installed on my wife's zhp and it's crap

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Ecs stage 1 kit?

If yes the po had that installed on my wife's zhp and it's crap
    Yup, that's the one! I actually believe I got the stage 2, but I think that just comes with belts and an ecs pulley.

I have only had to replace my ET again so far but I plan on doing new hoses once I replace my radiator. The ET was failed from the beginning. It held coolant find and didn't leak, but for the life of me I could not get my coolant light to turn off. After multiple sensors and multiple times trying to bleed the coolant, I found out some aftermarket ETs have problems with the coolant level sensors. Replaced the ET with an OEM one and I haven't seen the light since!
    Shawn, 801

Welcome again, Nick.

Smart move with the bicycle pump, I didn't think to do that when I had the same issue. I just went ahead and bought a new pump since the hoses didn't seem clogged and there was no sound when I pulled the wiper stalk. As you say, simple fix.

Sorry to hear the maintenance has stacked up for you, but it seems you're keeping a level head and are prepared to do the maintenance. It does help that you will have the front apart so you can do multiple items at once.

My car failed to warm like yours, the culprit was a failing thermostat that was stuck open. Since you're already doing the cooling system overhaul that should be covered. Look forward to further updates. I hope your new DISA solves your problem rough idle and stuttering issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Yup, that's the one! I actually believe I got the stage 2, but I think that just comes with belts and an ecs pulley.

I have only had to replace my ET again so far but I plan on doing new hoses once I replace my radiator. The ET was failed from the beginning. It held coolant find and didn't leak, but for the life of me I could not get my coolant light to turn off. After multiple sensors and multiple times trying to bleed the coolant, I found out some aftermarket ETs have problems with the coolant level sensors. Replaced the ET with an OEM one and I haven't seen the light since!
    Yeah the kit had an aluminium water pump pulley. That's the one I had on the car.

30k later and the upper hose failed. It imploded and was about to explode. Expansion tank leaked and the cap was crap.

The water pump was alright and the thermostat.

I have some pictures in the project thread for Sketchi if you are curious.

So for cooling, this is the kit I am planning on getting. Going to get a new radiator as well. Just unsure of the new water pump. Need to research OEM vs metal impeller models.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-19...328i-330i.aspx

OK so new DISA valve is in and..... while my car no longer stumbles at ~2,800 rpm.... it started to idle hunt again after a short drive...... Didn't actually stall though.

Additionally, on top of the huge obvious vacuum leak, My engine sounds to be running rough. Kinda sounds bottom end rough to me but I am new to these engines. It is also starting to make a rattling noise just north of 2,000 rpms. Im hoping I just left a nut on top of the engine or something stupid, but I dont know.

I am going to upload some videos and audio clips for everyone to listen too. My new job starts Monday and I am unsure if the ZHP is safe to drive. I checked oil, dealer said he just changed it but its filthy. Lots of lifter tick noise as well. Coolant level is good. My phone is dead so waiting for it to turn back on and ill upload.

So does this engine sound ok? I know there is a vacuum leak.... but anything else?

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Go...stsuu.mp4.html

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Go...g2rjj.mp4.html

Sounds like you still have a pretty significant vacuum leak.

You cleaned the icv and installed a new lower boot right? What about the upper boot and the f-connector?

The rattling noise could be coming from the vanos. The noise can be heard from the front of the valve cover and sounds like marbles in a can.

Also for the water pump, go with the OE bmw. I just pulled out a Geba pump with roughly 30k. While it's not a bad pump, it started to rust and felt loose. Impeller was metal as well

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    So for cooling, this is the kit I am planning on getting. Going to get a new radiator as well. Just unsure of the new water pump. Need to research OEM vs metal impeller models.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-19...328i-330i.aspx
    Yes, that's the exact kit I installed a couple months ago. I did the radiator and upgraded to the Stewart pump, which is probably overkill, but I do intend to track the car. I added pulleys and belts. I was very pleased with the quality of everything. Here's my install thread for that kit...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...281#post465281

Blake - 2005 330i ZHP 6-sp

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast