Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
    Charlie, there's no stopping now my friend... its your money, modding your cars makes you happy, and gives us, "poor people", inspiration...

JUST DO IT!!!
    You're right jayjay... modding both my BMWs does give me joy and happiness. Like I just texted John, it's my cross to bear The mod bug has bitten me really hard and it's too hard to stop, especially when you come across such good deals (Sprint Booster, BMW Performance CF strut bar, MTec II CF rear diffuser.....the list goes on and on)

Okay since everyone has told me that I'm being blamed in a good way then let's do it and have fun together... Resuming the quest for more mod/performance parts!

Last thing I ever want to do is offend anyone regarding my two projects...

No desire to even attend a track event ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    No desire to even attend a track event ?
    I have never tracked any of my cars and honestly, I want to start with my ZHP. Once I get used to tracking, then perhaps someday I will take the ///M out to the track. Problem is that my biggest fear is wrecking my beauties after all the work I have put into them. That's probably the biggest issue I have to overcome right now is the possibility of wrecking either car while at the track....not an option....

Plenty of options out there. Here in VA, summit point raceway hosts Friday at the track for people that want to get on an actual track.

Other option is autocross. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Plenty of options out there. Here in VA, summit point raceway hosts Friday at the track for people that want to get on an actual track.

Other option is autocross. Lol.
    I promise I will get in some track time...I'm sure BP and Chad will ensure this

Autocross is a good start.

A lot of people comment that autocross skill doesn't transfer over to the track, and it really doesn't. However, it does teach one thing....car control.

Once you know where the limit of the car is, how to notice it, pass it, and then catch it. You'll be fine on the track. The only time I was on the track was when it was a cold, wet day at Mid-Ohio. Sealed pavement with RS3s (who hate cold) doesn't turn to a good day. Anyways, there were a lot of instances where I stepped on the gas too early and started bringing the rear around. The instructor was really amazed at how quick I caught each rear-step out with correction, and said I had "The fastest hands he has seen in awhile"

Trust me, if you saw how many times I've spun my car...you'd think I just started driving.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Kyle, I was thinking the same thing by doing autocross first and "learn" my car....then after I have gotten used to pushing my car, try the track...

What have you found on the cf portion of the seats?
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    What have you found on the cf portion of the seats?
    Stuart, I haven't found too much but honestly, haven't started. I'm trying to catch up on my college assignments at the moment. Either way, I will still opt for the optional carbon optic back shell. It appears that the back shell is not true carbon fiber but will add a nicer appearance than the standard plastic shell. Eventually, knowing me, I will locate real carbon fiber backshells and yes, I will get them and have them installed...

I found one place in the UK that claimed to have made them for a customer. But when I asked for detailed pics they flaked. He claimed to have worked for mclaren.
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 21 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast