Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Hey Shawn, any progress here?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yeah a lot of progress this week. Got the old engine and automatic transmission pulled and installed the zhp engine and 6-speed transmission. I have planned on using the automatic 3.46 diff but it's a 4 bolt diff and the zhp drive shaft is a 6 bolt so I had to purchase a zhp diff which is a 3.07 I believe. Anyways diff drive shaft transmission engines all been installed. Maintenance done to the engine was new CCV system, cooling system upgrade new radiator hoses water pump coolant pipes on the back of the block. New oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket.

Engine actually started up on the first crank after sitting for 2 years in a corner somewhere lol.

I had my original zhp DME modified to remove ews but unfortunately I have some wiring issues to figure out.

The wagon is ms43 wiring system. and unfortunately there's some key differences on the X 60004 connector which is the body harness connector that plugs into the DME.

S54 and ms43 DMEs use pin 10 on X 60004 for fuel pump relay activation.

Ms45 .1 does not use that PIN. Instead they use pen 31 and 35 on X 60004 to trigger the ekp module which is a more advanced fuel pump relay in zhps. so what this means is I can actually start the car and it will run because the fuel pump gets energized the first time I turn the ignition off and turn it back on the DME is not detecting the ekp module so it's not energizing the fuel pump again so I have to wait before it starts again about 25 to 50 seconds.

I've looked all through WDS and real OEM and I cannot find out where the ekp module in our cars are. I know the actual fuel pump relay is behind the glove box but that's not the ekp module.

Nor can I find the wiring diagram and pinout for the ekp module for a zhp. I can only find it for the M3 ekp module which is different it's 8 pins versus the zhp which is a 6-pin.

So until I can figure this out the car won't be done yet.

But I have some updated pictures and a little video.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Great progress Shawn! You made a giant amount of work.
    Bummer on 3.46 diff. I've heard that there is difference, but didn't know what is it.
    Are still planning to install different diff in the future?
    I happy to hear that engine was started without any issues after long storage period.
    That rear bumper cover is going to look very sexy when it will be installed on the wagon. Plus, I know you will make a proper photo session when car will be fully assembled, cleaned and ready to rock.

I forgot to ask about exhaust. What is the difference between wagon and our cars? Just a muffler or there are other differences? What is your set up will be?

That’s my favorite color combination. If you need just the front 135 wheels I got a pair I would let go cheap.

Still not sure about a wagon. But it does has some back of the brain interest.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    That shock looks gold...this thing got FSD's???

To use the 3.46 you'd just need to swap the input flange, which can be done at home if you're real careful, but you'd be best letting a tranny/diff guy to do it to set the lash correctly.

Great progress Shawn! You made a giant amount of work.
    Bummer on 3.46 diff. I've heard that there is difference, but didn't know what is it.
    Are still planning to install different diff in the future?
    I happy to hear that engine was started without any issues after long storage period.
    That rear bumper cover is going to look very sexy when it will be installed on the wagon. Plus, I know you will make a proper photo session when car will be fully assembled, cleaned and ready to rock.

I forgot to ask about exhaust. What is the difference between wagon and our cars? Just a muffler or there are other differences? What is your set up will be?

Thanks Rus, i def cant wait to get front and rear bumpers painted and the chrome trim painted gloss black. proper photos are a must lol.

the exhaust for e46 non M are all stupid long ass ONE piece sections. takes 2 people to get them into place lol. at least with M3 the exhaust is in 3-4 sections

Quote Originally Posted by PetesZ View Post
    That’s my favorite color combination. If you need just the front 135 wheels I got a pair I would let go cheap.

Still not sure about a wagon. But it does has some back of the brain interest.
    thank you! i have a lead no a set of 4 but they may get sold since the seller is waiting to see if they go with their car for sale. i may hit you up for those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    That shock looks gold...this thing got FSD's???

To use the 3.46 you'd just need to swap the input flange, which can be done at home if you're real careful, but you'd be best letting a tranny/diff guy to do it to set the lash correctly.

ill just sell the 3.46 for like $150 and be happy with the ZHP gearing no worries.

what are FSDs? are those good shocks?

Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    what are FSDs? are those good shocks?
    The BEST shocks for a daily. Koni recently changed the line to "special active" and started painting them red, but the gold FSD's (frequency selective damping) are in two of my cars and I friggin love them. Smooth ride, great handling. Perfect for your dd wagon.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...=135049&page=3

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The BEST shocks for a daily. Koni recently changed the line to "special active" and started painting them red, but the gold FSD's (frequency selective damping) are in two of my cars and I friggin love them. Smooth ride, great handling. Perfect for your dd wagon.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...=135049&page=3
    awesome. i bet the ones on my wagon are old lol.

so did way more researching last night and came to the conclusion that WDS online is wrong. they only show MSS54, MS42, MS43 and MS45... but NOT MS45.1. the MS45 was the SLUV M56 engine and that is what uses EKP module for fuel pump relay.

i walked right out to my ZHp last night and looked at my x60004 DME connector which is the body harness plug and right there in PIN 10 was a purple/black Fuel pump wire and pins 31 and 35 were empty.

there is no wiring pinout for MS45.1 on WDS or online TIS so annoying.

anyways this means i am wired properly for fuel pump which is why the car starts and run son first crank.

it fails to start a second time due to a DTC error code for EWS 3.3 manipulation. (i sent out my MS45.1 dme for ews delete) so my guess is that they didnt do something fully or correct with the EWS delete.

i was able to trace wires for the DTML Heating activation and get t hat repinned properly.

MS43 has a wire from pin 51 on x60003 that goes to x6011 PIN 7 which in turn goes all the way back to trunk of the car.

on MS45 DTML Heating is located on x60004 pin2 and that goes directly to back of the car DTML unit.

all i had to do was just run a pin from x60004 pin2 to MS45 x6011 connector which plugged into the chassis connector and DTML Code went away.

had a friend code out SAP Air mass sensor along with SAP s oI will flash that tonight

after that the only thing left will be a final resolution to the EWS issue and im done swap wise.

i can move onto the aesthetics in the coming weeks.

cant wait to drive it. will be nice to drive my old engine and 6 speed again. the heart of my ZHP now resides in my wagon lol

Think of it more like

Your ZHP engine now has a KARDASHIAN ass.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast