Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    That is one chattery DISA valve

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Massive respect for the dedication you have towards getting the Zhp back to top shape...
    +1. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1. Seriously.
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That is one chattery DISA valve

+1. Seriously.
    Thanks man. This car has been a lot of work, not even considering the accident damage. A lot of time on weekends and after work have gone into this car. I have not had more of a connection with any other inanimate object before. This is my first BMW too, so a lot of this is very very new to me. I love working on cars and it was always a hobby of mine and I didn't realize it was a passion until recently.

While the accident was a very negative moment and event in my life, it lead to a lot of good, and I was able to use the insurance money as a catalysis for some maintenance tasks and paying back my school loans. Only downside is, I am very far behind in a lot of the "Planned" maintenance tasks. I still haven't finished my AUX cord install and need to put the trim back in. Both my front window regulators need to be replaced. I want to start a tuning project on a spare DME. Fuel filter and tie rods need to be replaced. I want to install my sub that has been sitting around for months. Only so many hours in a day.

All in all, this has been the craziest 8 months of car ownership i have ever experienced. So many highs and lows with a huge range of emotions. The ZHP is a car i will never forget and it brings up this bubbly feeling every time I fire it up. It is far from perfect, but I love her! Now she just needs a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    +2
    Thanks Karl! I owe it to guys like you and those that have contributed to the BMW Forum communities. Could not have done it without this help.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Thanks man. This car has been a lot of work, not even considering the accident damage. A lot of time on weekends and after work have gone into this car. I have not had more of a connection with any other inanimate object before. This is my first BMW too, so a lot of this is very very new to me. I love working on cars and it was always a hobby of mine and I didn't realize it was a passion until recently.

While the accident was a very negative moment and event in my life, it lead to a lot of good, and I was able to use the insurance money as a catalysis for some maintenance tasks and paying back my school loans. Only downside is, I am very far behind in a lot of the "Planned" maintenance tasks. I still haven't finished my AUX cord install and need to put the trim back in. Both my front window regulators need to be replaced. I want to start a tuning project on a spare DME. Fuel filter and tie rods need to be replaced. I want to install my sub that has been sitting around for months. Only so many hours in a day.

All in all, this has been the craziest 8 months of car ownership i have ever experienced. So many highs and lows with a huge range of emotions. The ZHP is a car i will never forget and it brings up this bubbly feeling every time I fire it up. It is far from perfect, but I love her! Now she just needs a name.
    It certainly seems to be a roller coaster series of events with your car, but glad you've stuck with it. Working on a car will create a relationship with it that little else will. Even if I found the equivalent version of my car but as a sedan, I wouldn't consider trading it, I like mine far too much with all I've done with it.

As for a name, might I suggest Sloan? I think it's Gaelic or Irish for fighter, and you and your car are certainly a pair of troopers.

OMG that DISA valve is a PoS. If they send you a OE DISA valve, I would highly recommend you do a GAS kit on it and then install it. This way you will have a worry free DISA for the life of your car.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

It says that it is a genuine BMW brand, but the one they sent me is NOT! No BMW logo or part #. Cannot believe I didn't spot this right away. Going to call them tomorrow and will see how they are going to handle this. I should not have installed it, but it is their fault for sending the wrong part! Any ways not happy about that
    Back when I first got my ZHP and started collecting parts for it, I noticed early on that ordering "OE" parts from Turner generally meant they sent OEM-manufactured things instead of Genuine stuff that I was expecting. Usually there's very little difference between the two but clearly there are exceptions.

Not trying to shit on Turner at all here, since they've taken care of me in the past. But FCPEuro's interface when looking up part numbers is miles ahead of Turner. There are very clear distinctions between OEM (Lemforder, Mahle, Behr, Bosch, etc.) and Genuine parts.

That said, I went with the DrVanos rebuilt DISA and have had no issues with it after 11k miles.

Can't wait to see you and your car back on the road again.

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Thanks Karl! I owe it to guys like you and those that have contributed to the BMW Forum communities. Could not have done it without this help.
    Don't thank me. You're doing the work. I'm just sitting back, drinking coffee and making sarcastic remarks on this forum. If you call that "contributing," the BMW community is more dysfunctional than I had originally thought.

Cheers!

You can return that DISA and buy the Gold DISA from German Auto Solutions

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    Back when I first got my ZHP and started collecting parts for it, I noticed early on that ordering "OE" parts from Turner generally meant they sent OEM-manufactured things instead of Genuine stuff that I was expecting. Usually there's very little difference between the two but clearly there are exceptions.

Not trying to shit on Turner at all here, since they've taken care of me in the past. But FCPEuro's interface when looking up part numbers is miles ahead of Turner. There are very clear distinctions between OEM (Lemforder, Mahle, Behr, Bosch, etc.) and Genuine parts.

That said, I went with the DrVanos rebuilt DISA and have had no issues with it after 11k miles.

Can't wait to see you and your car back on the road again.
    There website states "Genuine BMW". This to me means the part comes with the BMW logo

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast