Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting ready to use Leatherique

I'm about to give my leather interior a good facelift with Leatherique. Problem is it's cold in NC - around 60 degrees. Instead of parking in the sun after treatment would it be more effective to blast the heat in the car?

Anthony | 2003 330i 6MT TiAg

Mods: Sharked / 3.46 Diff / K&N Intake / Orion V2 Opaques / UUC Shift Knob
    Recent Maintenance: Cleaned MAF, DISA, ICV, TB / Sunroof fix / Taillight Recall Fix
    ToDo: VANOS seals / New Rear Tires / OEM Alarm / Coby Rewrap / Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Alobi View Post
    I'm about to give my leather interior a good facelift with Leatherique. Problem is it's cold in NC - around 60 degrees. Instead of parking in the sun after treatment would it be more effective to blast the heat in the car?
    I think it would be hard to keep the heat up high enough and long enough to be effective with just the heater. I don't know if letting your car sit at idle for a long period is a good idea for potential cooling system and engine wear issues, as well the carbon monoxide risk.

If it were me, I'd wait for a hot day. I am not a fan of parking in direct sunlight anytime, but definitely park somewhere where the interior will get really warm for a few hours when you do this.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Yea I didn't think the heat would be a good solution. Hopefully we'll get one more hot day before winter really sets in - I don't want to have to wait 6 months to clean the interior.

Recent Maintenance: Cleaned MAF, DISA, ICV, TB / Sunroof fix / Taillight Recall Fix

nike001 Guest
    Park it in the sun for a few hours. Then take it off tomorrow morning.

My seats are in need of some TLC..is the leatherique a good way to get some flexibility and softness back into the leather?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    My seats are in need of some TLC..is the leatherique a good way to get some flexibility and softness back into the leather?

I've read really good things about it. It's expensive (around $60 for the 16oz kit after shipping - they say to use 4oz per seat) but it's something that you wouldn't do often anyway. And the results look really good on some videos I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alobi View Post
    I've read really good things about it. It's expensive (around $60 for the 16oz kit after shipping - they say to use 4oz per seat) but it's something that you wouldn't do often anyway. And the results look really good on some videos I've seen.
    May have to enlist santa on this one

'01 330i

Plastic trash bags and a hairdryer. Per Leatherique's own site.

Garbage bags and hair dryer as said above.. also if your leather is very dirty you might want to get a good brush to scrub it.. When I did my interior the front seats and arm rest were so dirty I needed to use a brush. Unfortunately I only had an old toothbrush so it took forever.

Beau

Autozone.com
    Word to the wise: don't use garbage bags that have any printing on them. Like the lot number or whatever a garbage bag would have on it. Don't ask me why I know either....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast