Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    No idea.....unless they think you're going to ship your headlights to them, so they can bake and install.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No idea.....unless they think you're going to ship your headlights to them, so they can bake and install.
    Got a response after a follow up email. You are close. They said they don't have any AE's that fit the facelifted coupes since we have to bake our headlights to remove the cover. I guess the $200 upcharge is just to price themselves out of consideration.

I'm not sure I want to go through the whole baking process. The last time I used the oven for something similar was when I baked the side of my KTM engine case in order to replace a bearing. It stunk up the house something fierce and my wife made it home before I could air it out. I don't think she was too happy that I was using her new oven for motorcycle maintenance.

Of course they exist, Umnitza for instance.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Of course they exist, Umnitza for instance.
    Agreed since lots of people of are running around with them. I was just posting Khoalty's response.

Oh yeah, I was just commenting on their response... strange they say that as they could just resell the other models that are out there.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Help! I ordered the Khoalty's and started install last night, from the FastM helpful DIY.
    The clear clips that hold the LED to the lip at the top of the projector lense for Khoalty has 3 grooves, for adjustment. The left picture below (orion), top clip appears to have 7 small grooves, and my Khoalty clip has 3 larger grooves. For some reason, I can't get ALL 4 to be flush (ie vertical) The bottom on all 4 want to go out from 1/2 to 1"!!! Just like the WRONG picture on the right below. Everything else has been very straight forward!
    I also may mention that the previous owner put headlights out of a 325i (outer xenon's, inner halogens) I don't think that is an issue.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Picture from FastM on this adjustment step:
    Last edited by ejp2fast; 03-12-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    2003 ///ZHP Sedan -Silver Grau - Alcantara - 6MT - 3.46 diff - Style 197's

Dane has a secret proceedure on how to keep the lower rings in place. I tried to get him to divulge his secret. Unfortunately, I am not on his top secret list even though I have a clearance. So, it is a need to know basis....LOL. But I am thinking of maybe DW was using a velcro or 100% clear silicone that remains flexible when it dries. But on the other hand, I did not use Khoalty. I got the Weisslicht from Bimmian.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    or 100% clear silicone that remains flexible when it dries. .
    I thought of this last night, but would the heat involved of the headlight affect this over time?? If anything, it would be a 1" long bead on the back side of the LED against the projector lens to keep the LED bottom side in place..
    Last edited by ejp2fast; 03-12-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    2003 ///ZHP Sedan -Silver Grau - Alcantara - 6MT - 3.46 diff - Style 197's

I use black velcro.

Cat is outta the bag.

Now...you must all die
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good thing I didn't read this. Oh wait, DOH!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast