Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    That picture of the fluid from your filter is gross. I can't remember but I think mine looked sort of similar with only 49k miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Here's a picture of the fuel I received from the mechanic. Attachment 27967
    Damn, that's nasty

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That picture of the fluid from your filter is gross. I can't remember but I think mine looked sort of similar with only 49k miles on it.
    California has terrible gas quality which sucks, because there are several refineries here so one would think it would be decent. At least we know the filter is doing its job! But if they are nasty at ~50k maybe we should be doing them more often Definitely glad I got this job of the to-do-list. First time replacing a fuel filter on anything larger than a lawn mower

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Damn, that's nasty
    Yeah, he texted LOL lifetime filter. That was I believe the original filter at ~102,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Yeah, he texted LOL lifetime filter. That was I believe the original filter at ~102,000 miles.
    Yeah I don't get this "lifetime" stuff. Fuel filter for the life of the car, I now would certainly not recommend that. Plus, you see endless threads about people changing their transmission fluid and the shift feels so much better. Again, lifetime fluid, again would not recommend. Fluid swaps are next on the list as my shifting is quite notchy.

OFFICIALLY SES LIGHT FREE!!!!

No more check engine codes

I've been getting constant Post cat efficiency codes almost since day one of owning the car. It appears that fixing the vacuum leak on the fuel pressure regulator is a cure for the P0171 & P0174 codes! makes sense and I wish i knew about this potential failure earlier as I have now fixed every single possible vacuum leak there could be!

Did a few test pulls today 1st thru 3rd gear to red line and the car pulls so much stronger. Had a coworker in the car and there is a HOV on-ramp to the 5 near Disney in Anaheim that is one lane and walled off by cement on either side. Figured this would be a good place to let her rip and I am impressed. I would always get the codes once I got past 80mph but they did not come. Very happy about this. Makes you feel like a man's man when you get results from your maintenance.

figured I would share

Up next on the maintenance list (not including hood install) = 1.)Tie Rods & alignment 2.) stainless steel brake lines & fluid swap 3.) Transmission fluid swap. Please chime in f you have any tips on any of the above mention tasks. Also, would be interested to hear peoples opinion on fluids. Car is in Socal and temps will not go below 45 degrees F. Mostly highway driven at this moment, but plan on tracking it a few times next summer.

Congrats on curing your issue. That must be great feeling!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    OFFICIALLY SES LIGHT FREE!!!!

No more check engine codes

I've been getting constant Post cat efficiency codes almost since day one of owning the car. It appears that fixing the vacuum leak on the fuel pressure regulator is a cure for the P0171 & P0174 codes! makes sense and I wish i knew about this potential failure earlier as I have now fixed every single possible vacuum leak there could be!

Did a few test pulls today 1st thru 3rd gear to red line and the car pulls so much stronger. Had a coworker in the car and there is a HOV on-ramp to the 5 near Disney in Anaheim that is one lane and walled off by cement on either side. Figured this would be a good place to let her rip and I am impressed. I would always get the codes once I got past 80mph but they did not come. Very happy about this. Makes you feel like a man's man when you get results from your maintenance.

figured I would share

Up next on the maintenance list (not including hood install) = 1.)Tie Rods & alignment 2.) stainless steel brake lines & fluid swap 3.) Transmission fluid swap. Please chime in f you have any tips on any of the above mention tasks. Also, would be interested to hear peoples opinion on fluids. Car is in Socal and temps will not go below 45 degrees F. Mostly highway driven at this moment, but plan on tracking it a few times next summer.

Well if you're doing SS lines, might as well do the clutch SS line and do the CDV delete while you're at. But the clutch one is a bitch to do Well it's just messier to do lol The CDV delete doesn't do that much though. I don't know why everyone raves about it. I swapped both fluids already, I just don't remember exactly what I put in it. I think redline for the tranny and motul for the brakes.

The temps here sometimes go below 45 lol But it's mainly like late at night/early morning which no one drives during except me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Congrats on curing your issue. That must be great feeling!
    It was... but very short lived. Threw a code this morning 30 mins into a 90 min drive. Have yet to read it. Man...

We can scan it on Saturday and see if we can get more precise readings.

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast