Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    With the MP3 support does that mean you can play CDs that have music burned onto them? Or is there another way to get the tunes to the unit? I don't think there is an aux input on these cars and certainly not a usb port.

And a good reminder about streaming music via the bluetooth connection. I had an early Alpine head unit that could link to my phone via bluetooth. The sound quality of the music wasn't terrible, but it was much better if I connected with a wire.

I guess the take-home from all this is that if I want to connect my iPod to the car to listen to music I'm going to have to buy some hardware to make it happen.
    Yes, you can burn your own MP3 discs and play them right in the stock Business CD head unit as long as it's new enough. I had about 200 songs on a single CD at 192kbps that sounded pretty good, that was my standard soundtrack for a while when I first bought the car 5 years ago. I have since added a USA*Spec iPod adapter, which works OK, though navigating music is a royal PITA. But it's fine for playing a couple of long playlists, and the sound quality is great. I just keep an iPod nano permanently in the cubby below the climate controls.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Hi Guys,

I thought I would bump this thread. I have finally received the Connects2 bluetooth adaptor and I have just installed it.

I have only tested it while stationary in the car, but so far it does everything the product promised. Bluetooth music streaming works well with seemingly good audio quality. The steering wheel and head unit controls work for skipping tracks. I made a phone call to my friend and he could hear me fine, but I will have to see how well it works when I am actually driving.

So far, very happy. Will post some more thoughts after I have used it properly in the real world.
    I have also installed the Connects2+Parrot system and it works fine. At street speeds audio is fine. At highway speeds, on a decent road it works fine. I was driving in a terrible rainstorm during a call and had to end the call. The ambient noise of the rain+wipers+wind+road noise was too much. I could hear the person on the other end of the call, but they could not hear me over the ambient noise.

Not sure if other more modern BT systems work any better in those instances.

Also unlike the OP I quoted, I cannot get audio streaming over BT. Not a huge issue because I have the factory iPod interface connected to an ipod classic that does all of my music duty. Just curious why he can stream audio and I can't. I wonder if it is my head unit. It is an early one that does not have the ability to play MP3.

Long term reliability will have to wait and see... I hope it lasts for several years. The good news, assuming parts are available in the future, I don't see a failure in the cabling, only the Connects2 "box" and the Parrot BT "box" which are relatively easily accessible by removing the glove box (6 screws) and both devices are just "plug and play" to replace.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

If you have the parrot ck3000 + connects2 steering wheel harness, you will not be able to stream music, only do handsfree phone calls.

I have a different connects2 device that on its own does BT phone calls as well as A2DP BT music streaming.
    2004 BMW 330i M-sport 6MT
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

I just did the mpow BT kit and it works really well. It requires cigarette power and aux, and both of those happen to be in my glovebox so it looks clean, only the mic is out and that is right by my Bimmian phone holder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    If you have the parrot ck3000 + connects2 steering wheel harness, you will not be able to stream music, only do handsfree phone calls.

I have a different connects2 device that on its own does BT phone calls as well as A2DP BT music streaming.
    Bummer
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234