Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    After hearing the Harman Kardon system in the 2020 340i or whatever they have, I now want to upgrade -_-

I don’t know anything about sound system installations. Car audio is not trivial. Balancing the speakers is not trivial.

But dammit, I want an upgrade. A proper upgrade, but an upgrade that looks and feels 100% like stock. Something that would even make hood rats turn their heads.
    Hood rats?

But I agree with you, I think we need a state of the union on E46 Harmon Kardon audio in 2020 since most threads on the topic are several years old now. Anyone have any insight?

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

The most common plug-and-play option is a Bavsound kit, but I've heard that it only provides mild-moderate improvement in audio quality.

My buddy installed the Bavsound kit in his M3 vert and I actually thought my stock sedan HK still sounded better. I think Bavsound is great if your speakers are old/dying and you just want to restore it to OEM+ without any hassles or paying through your nose for genuine BMW parts.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

I liked my Bavsound, great plug n play, upgraded sound.(esp w a subwoofer) You'd do btr putting something together urself though. More power for less cost

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I liked my Bavsound, great plug n play, upgraded sound.(esp w a subwoofer) You'd do btr putting something together urself though. More power for less cost
    When I upgrade my ZHP's speakers I'm thinking of going this route primarily because it is plug and play and does sound good...

Plug and play is nice but not if it doesn't change the sound for me. Guess I'll just have to hear a bavsound car for myself

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

To me it does change the sound, it's an upgrade. It's just that you can get more sound for the buck if you roll your own.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Y'all gotta remember that new speakers need time to break in and sound right. The Bavsound kit is not exciting when first installed as the fresh speakers don't sound any better than broken-in HK's. Lemme see if I can dig up my notes on this one...

Edit: here u go. They sound wonderful now that they're broken in. I wouldn't mind a little more bass, but it's plenty punchy as-is.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...308#post566308

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Y'all gotta remember that new speakers need time to break in and sound right. The Bavsound kit is not exciting when first installed as the fresh speakers don't sound any better than broken-in HK's. Lemme see if I can dig up my notes on this one...

Edit: here u go. They sound wonderful now that they're broken in. I wouldn't mind a little more bass, but it's plenty punchy as-is.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...308#post566308
    Somehow I completely forgot that portion of that thread and just remember you saying it was not very noticeable. That's good to know, now they're back on my list down the road...

Def agree the bavsound needs more bass. I put in a subwoofer and that made all the difference, from good to great.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast