Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying Wisdom

Buying Wisdom

Hi,

David in Chattanooga.

New here. Looking for an '05 MY or '06 mostly looking on Autotrader. I hang out mostly on Bimmerfest but ready to trade in my 2001 330Ci. I need some ideas buying from private sellers and financing. Big obstacle as you all are aware. My bank wants to see the car before financing it but most have been 200+ mi. Here's one I found but in NY. This brings up a good question and that is what do you all think about a car that was bought from auction, then sold by a broker? All advice welcome.

http://www.transtekautosales.com/new...-NY-12601.aspx

I bought my car from a private seller and had to secure financing for it. I got the loan through a credit union, however. If they want to see the car, ask if there's any way you could get the loan without that happening, and if there isn't, I'd recommend you get financing elsewhere. If you're looking for a ZHP, chances are you won't find one close by, as they are rather rare. There wasn't one within 200 miles of me, so I had to drive all the way to Mass to get it.

Cattanooga is where, exactly?

Check our classifieds section; we have folks constantly hunting for deals and posting them up for everyone to see. Perhaps you'll find something close to you.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Welcome David. I haven't looked at prices in a while but that seems a bit high considering the mileage. Perhaps that's why it went to the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Chattanooga is where, exactly?
    TN

Yes, that is a high price, even for Beast Coast pricing. For that kind of mileage, I wouldn't be paying more than $14-15k.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Also check out the zhp's for sale at the zhpregistry link at the top of the page.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Chattanooga is within a couple hours of Atlanta, Nashville, Birmingham, AL and Knoxville. I've got searches saved for 10 locations total on Autotrader.

My credit union does require that the car be seen unfortunately.

Thank you all for the advice and insight and if you don't mind I'll probably post other cars for sale too and get your thoughts. Maybe I'll see you in Williamsburg. Wishful thinking!

Thank you for pointing out the registery. I drove the one in GA and my biggest concern about it was the clutch. Felt scrunchy, crunchy when depressing the clutch pedal. Went into gear fine but that pedal feels like the pressure plate is warped from being overheated. I'll keep my eye on the registry.
    Last edited by dj330Ci; 05-15-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Also be sure to keep your eye on our zhp classifieds here at zhpmafia.com.

Welcome to the site.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Welcome to the family.

The lender I went through only required the VIN and a bill of sale to complete my loan. Like Dane said, check the zhp registry and a classified section of the forum.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

The one thing i will say, is if you buy from a dealer and not a private party, you might get lucky and the owner (or private if they are unaware) and get a damn good deal. Be on the lookout and don't settle for a car. Just like buying a tv, it's better to go up one size than to regret a purchase later on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast