Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    Dayum.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wow! I'm sold haha
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

With the Detailed Image Promotion going on, I got the M105 cutting compound and the Menzerna SF4000 polish along with some Blackfire sealant and a new detail brush!
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

hey guy's sorry to thread jack..

I just ordered a buffing kit and wanted to get your opinion on it.

Porter cable 7424xp

Wash
    Clay
    Meg's M105-orange pad
    Menzerna s4000-gray pad
    Wax- by hand
    Wolfgang's 3.0 Sealant- by hand

Anything I'm missing? And, is that the correct order for me to detail?

-This for a 12 year old BMW with black paint and pretty bad swirls (only noticeable in light..)

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    hey guy's sorry to thread jack..

I just ordered a buffing kit and wanted to get your opinion on it.

Porter cable 7424xp

Wash
    Clay
    Meg's M105-orange pad
    Menzerna s4000-gray pad
    Wax- by hand
    Wolfgang's 3.0 Sealant- by hand

Anything I'm missing? And, is that the correct order for me to detail?

-This for a 12 year old BMW with black paint and pretty bad swirls (only noticeable in light..)

Thanks in advance!
    You might have trouble creating heat with a gray pad. You can try, but a white pad would be better suited there.

You would want to do the sealant by hand, then wax. Sealant needs to bond with the paint in order to get the protection it claims

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

In addition to what the M0nkst3r said above......wash again after claying I believe.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    You might have trouble creating heat with a gray pad. You can try, but a white pad would be better suited there.

You would want to do the sealant by hand, then wax. Sealant needs to bond with the paint in order to get the protection it claims
    Okay so sealant then wax, that makes sense as I was unclear on that order of operations before.

As for the gray pad, the only reason I chose that is because it's a Lake County pad and that was at autogeek recommends.. http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-super-nano-polish.html

You obviously have a LOT more experience than I do, so do you think I should change my order or will the gray Lake County do it's job?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    In addition to what the M0nkst3r said above......wash again after claying I believe.
    I've heard this before, I'll probably do it anyway to wash off the residue from the clay lubricant.

Okay so sealant then wax, that makes sense as I was unclear on that order of operations before.

As for the gray pad, the only reason I chose that is because it's a Lake County pad and that was at autogeek recommends.. http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-super-nano-polish.html

You obviously have a LOT more experience than I do, so do you think I should change my order or will the gray Lake County do it's job?

Thanks in advance!

I've heard this before, I'll probably do it anyway to wash off the residue from the clay lubricant.
    IMO, if you still have time I'd go with white...especially with a PC.

A rotary I use a black pad all day...but it's because there is barely any cut to the pad. You will be able to do correction with the black if it's too late...but it'll take you some time to break the polish down.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    IMO, if you still have time I'd go with white...especially with a PC.

A rotary I use a black pad all day...but it's because there is barely any cut to the pad. You will be able to do correction with the black if it's too late...but it'll take you some time to break the polish down.
    I got a tracking # from autogeek earlier today..

So, it looks I will use the gray pads; and you mentioned that it will take some time to break the polish down. Meaning, I will have to do more passes than I would have with a white pad?

I got a tracking # from autogeek earlier today..

So, it looks I will use the gray pads; and you mentioned that it will take some time to break the polish down. Meaning, I will have to do more passes than I would have with a white pad?
    Yep...that's all. No biggie.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast