Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Largest Wheel/Tire Sizes with Stock BMW 330 ZHP Suspension?

So, I have searched and, I have yielded no useful information.

What is the largest size/lightest weight (combo of both) that will fit onto the ZHP with stock suspension? I may go coil-overs in the future and, the most I would do would be roll fenders. I am also looking for a square wheel setup.

Anyways, advice would be much appreciated

Cheers~
    Shelton

What's more important, wheel diameter and width or lightweight?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    What's more important, wheel diameter and width or lightweight?
    ....and or future drop?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah, Future drop most likely on KW V2 (like you)

And, at least 18", as light as they come while still looking good (not a fan of spider web style though) -- For reference, I like the look of 135's, CSL's etc so, that sort of style.

Without having to do fender mods, 18x8.5 ET35 with something like an Apex ARC8, Kosei K1, Enkei RPF1.

If you are willing to do some fender work, you could probably do a 18x9.5 ET35.

I've seen sedan owners go wider than that in the rear but not in the front.

18x9?

What are your guys' thoughts on ARC-8 18x9 all the way around? Any projections on how that might clear the fenders? I'm sure rears will be fine (I think I have OZ 18x9 right now back there), but what about the fronts?

It looks like I have 18x8s there.. Will have to start making measurements. Just curious if someone has already been using this exact setup.

Cheers,

-Terry

I'm guessing you're talking about these:

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/apex...eel-p2306.aspx

The width is fine. What matters is the offset. In this case, the offset is ET42. I don't think you'll have any problems making those fit as long as you don't go wider than a 255 series tire. Your ride height will also be a factor in the "will they fit" equation.

Tires with a rounded sidewall always make for an easier fit. Tires like the Toyo T1R are a good example of tires with a rounded sidewall.

245s Square should give you a good stance

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Thanks so much for the insight, gents. 245s sound like that might be the best way to go. Less drag/friction/fuel consumption?

Sorry to butt-in on someone else's post.

-Terry

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    245s Square should give you a good stance
    I have 245's on the rear (ET42) and I like the way it sits back there.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast