Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The ones on my car are cheap eBay wheels lol. $500 shipped. I needed some wheels in a hurry...
    They are holding up surprisingly well.
    That's right, I forgot! Well I'm glad they're holding up.

In other news, I listened to Vas and ordered Evo wiper blades (part. no 61610037009). I picked them up from FCP Euro since their lifetime warranty covers wear parts including wiper blades.

Thumbs up

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's right, I forgot! Well I'm glad they're holding up.

In other news, I listened to Vas and ordered Evo wiper blades (part. no 61610037009). I picked them up from FCP Euro since their lifetime warranty covers wear parts including wiper blades.
    No way, a warranty covers wiper blades from going bad for life? I'd be curious to know how they determine whether or not a wiper has gone bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by 330i Lover View Post
    No way, a warranty covers wiper blades from going bad for life? I'd be curious to know how they determine whether or not a wiper has gone bad.

As am I, but hey, worth trying. It's explicitly stated in their warranty:

Q: Does your lifetime replacement promise include standard wear items like brake components, filters, and wiper blades?
    A: Yes, our lifetime replacement includes every product we sell including wear items.
    Source: https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/lifetime-guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by 330i Lover View Post

FCP Euro's lifetime warranty on every single part they sell is why I buy almost exclusively from them now. And they're local to me...
    If you buy a cooling system from them and the parts wear out, you can replace the parts for free. Anything and everything. If it's worn, it can be replaced, no questions asked.

All the crap that breaks regularly on our cars, such as the windshield cowls, the fading bumper grilles, window regulators, cooling system parts, whatever... all of it's covered. Buy that crap once and you're good for life.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    FCP Euro's lifetime warranty on every single part they sell is why I buy almost exclusively from them now. And they're local to me...
    If you buy a cooling system from them and the parts wear out, you can replace the parts for free. Anything and everything. If it's worn, it can be replaced, no questions asked.

All the crap that breaks regularly on our cars, such as the windshield cowls, the fading bumper grilles, window regulators, cooling system parts, whatever... all of it's covered. Buy that crap once and you're good for life.
    Have you ever filed for a warranty claim with them? I'm not questioning you, just wondering what the experience was like. If it's as good as they promise I'm glad I've purchased a lot of my stuff through them.

Do you have to remove the parts, send it to them and have them verify it first? And then they send you the replacement? If that's the case, we'll your car will just sit waiting for parts.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I remember asking them and they said they can do an advance replacement if you don't want to wait. Pay for new part and receive, send back old one, get a refund.

Sent from my LG V10 on Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The Evo wipers arrived from FCP Euro today, part no. 61610037009. The installation instructions on the box were a little confusing so I just decided to try it on my own. I remembered that you have to remove some plastic piece from the driver's side arm so I located that and fiddled with it until it snapped out of place. The removal of the wiper blades themselves was easy enough, and installation of the new ones was a snap. Now it's to be seen whether or not they're any good.

A good installation video I found after the fact is below, starting at 4:55:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYnT_W2zqEU

I did notice that there is the gap on the passenger's side that I had heard people talk about. I think it's just inherent in the single piece design. Shouldn't really matter anyways. Pics below.

EDIT: I've used these for two days now in the rain. They're excellent. Much quieter than my old and failing OEM blades and don't form any streaks. I should note that they miss maybe 1/2" of wiping on the driver's side on the bottom of the windshield at the top of the stroke and about 3/4-1" on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side at the beginning of the stroke. Neither are noticeable while driving and don't bother me in the slightest. Good upgrade.

The box the wiper blades came in:

The aforementioned gap between the passenger's side wiper blade and the windshield:
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 01-20-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast