Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    You're welcome. I don't know the quality of the ECS Tuning ones, but likely someone can chime in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Installed the ECS grills on both my cars ('04 330Ci and '03 330i ZHP) - fit, finish, and appearance are great!

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Thanks!
    Do you know the quality on the ecs kidney grills, as long as they fit properly they should be fine just wondering because there cheap compared to others?

Welcome. Great example and plan.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wow so I changed the CCV yesterday 1/26/16 took about half the day including long lunch brake. I started around 930 finished around 330. I spent time cleaning parts and making my engine look nice since I had a lot of stuff removed I made to sure to clean the throttle body and idle valve. One of the ccv hoses had a big tear in it when I pulled it out(pics) and I replaced my intake boot.

After the repair was done I test drove it and noticed the ride was really smooth and felt no vibrations like I was before.

BMW Service quote just to replace ccv $1200 250 for parts and 950 for labor

What I really spent
    OEM CCV kit from oembimmerparts $140 shipped
    I would say 4-5 hours of work
    OEM lower intake boot $15

Removed the Intake, intake boots, DISA valve, idle valve, throttle body, dip stick tube, and all the other little wires and tubes around so I can reach down in there and grab the ccv.

Just getting started
    Name:  IMG_0381.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  289.3 KB

Everything removed that was in my way
    Name:  IMG_0386.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  343.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0389 copy.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  354.4 KB

New CCV Installed!
    Name:  IMG_0391.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  342.5 KB

New Lower Intake boot installed!
    Name:  IMG_0393.JPG
Views: 370
Size:  315.1 KB

I sooooo do not look forward to doing this job in the future. Glad you got it done and saved yourself a lot of money. What were your symptoms of a bad CCV before?

Fixing my lumbar support
    Fix Cost $7
    time 1 hour

My lumbar was set to max inflation and was stuck!
    I should have taken more pictures but I just have before and after pics of the wires.

First took the back panel off I had to cut the 2 christmas tree clips that hold it in place , located the wires to the air pump, took of the lumbar button and the seat control module off. Had to cut the hog ring holding the leather together at the bottom left(I had a bag of hog rings so I was cool) once I had the leather pealed back a bit was able to grab the wires and pull them out and to my surprise all wires cleanly cut.
    Name:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  280.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0373.JPG
Views: 358
Size:  532.2 KB

Crimped the wires, soldered them, heat shrunk them, wrapped them back up and taped them. Put the wires back in, connected everything put the switches back, reattached the leather with a new hog ring. Had to spend 7 bucks on new clips for the back panel and bingo bango bongo my lumbar support works! I can finally relax in my chair with out the lumbar fully inflated

Name:  IMG_0376.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  373.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I sooooo do not look forward to doing this job in the future. Glad you got it done and saved yourself a lot of money. What were your symptoms of a bad CCV before?

While inspecting my engine I noticed it was the only thing in my engine that was covered in oil so I figured I should replace it. I wasnt getting any codes on my bmw diagnostic program except for my head light and oil sensor. But after installing it I did notice my car isnt as load (use to sound like a vacuum to be honest) it is a lot quieter and runs way smoother in idle and acceleration then what I was previously experiencing

Edit: Only had my car for a month driven about 600 miles

Oil consumption for me. Replaced ccv and its better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

So the lumbar issue was that the pump's wires were cut cleanly? That's very odd, but glad it was a cheap and relatively simple fix.

So the lumbar issue was that the pump's wires were cut cleanly? That's very odd, but glad it was a cheap and relatively simple fix.
    It was the wires from the button that connect to the pump. I will add that into my post.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast