Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help installing PA Soft

I have Windows 7 and apparently need some sort of special USB driver. Can anyone help?!?!

i am following this page:

https://www.xcar360.com/blog/how-ins...-7-32bit-64bit
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

ok so i finally found the right driver for windows 7 64bit. when i go through the device manager it says the most current driver is installed for the BMW scanner. however, when i load the PA Soft program it still says "device drivers are not installed"

not sure what to do. HELP!!!
    --Wes--

Do you know how to use VirtualBox? I use PA Soft with Windows XP that I run on VirtualBox.

I can send you a VirtualBox file with pre-installed Windows XP and drivers for PA Soft and INPA. Everything is pre-configured by me, you just need to install VirtualBox, run the virtual machine and the rest is plug & play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Do you know how to use VirtualBox? I use PA Soft with Windows XP that I run on VirtualBox.

I can send you a VirtualBox file with pre-installed Windows XP and drivers for PA Soft and INPA. Everything is pre-configured by me, you just need to install VirtualBox, run the virtual machine and the rest is plug & play.
    I don't have any experience with VirtualBox but with a bit of guidance I'm happy to learn!
    --Wes--

If you want, I can connect to your laptop with TeamViewer and set it all up for you. That's how I did it for my friend.

This is the only way I know to set up PA Soft if you want my help, I never tried it with windows 7.
    Last edited by Sreten; 08-19-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    I don't have any experience with VirtualBox but with a bit of guidance I'm happy to learn!
    You can run PA Soft natively in Windows 7 64 bit - no needs to use it within a Virtualized environment (like Virtual Box).

Here is a DIY which shows you how to get it done. Basically, you need to have the PA Soft cable plugged into the car in order to provide it power and the install the drivers:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=942966
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    You can run PA Soft natively in Windows 7 64 bit - no needs to use it within a Virtualized environment (like Virtual Box).

Here is a DIY which shows you how to get it done. Basically, you need to have the PA Soft cable plugged into the car in order to provide it power and the install the drivers:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=942966
    thanks, i tried, but this did not work. now when i load PA soft it just says "hardware faulty"

sreten can you help? i'll do the virtual box or whatever, i'm desperate at this point.
    --Wes--

Does the e46fanatics thing cover all the steps? I think my driver setup looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZLhlfDmmog

It wasn't connected to the car just the laptop when I installed the drivers.

i dont know my computer is all fucked up now. this is so frustrating! you guys make it look and sound so easy...
    --Wes--

got it working finally. thanks for the help all. now to fiddle with it and see if it fixes the issues. will report back.
    --Wes--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast