Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 791 of 823 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I swear those part numbers don't even come up. pull out a pin and the wire gauge, probably find it faster that way lol

edit:
    I guess it's a type of PBT GF15 connector

like these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25485618034...0AAOSwJTNgHE-1

just gotta find the correct pins you need.
    I spent hours looking at that plug style and can’t find the female. These plugs are 4-pin. I can only find stuff 6-pin and greater or a 4-pin all in a line

How do you guys feel about a dual projector headlight? Thinking about retrofitting F32 LED headlights…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dual projectors are cool and all, but... They don't leave any place for city lights.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

What is a city light, like a DRL?

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    What is a city light, like a DRL?
    Not quite, as it's activated by the parking lights and higher. But, the attached image shows the city lights in the inner bowls.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

What is their purpose? I mean I can’t recall the last time my inner bulb was used. I assume not for parking because then the turn signals are used.

What is their purpose? I mean I can’t recall the last time my inner bulb was used. I assume not for parking because then the turn signals are used.
    In Europe, E46's didn't have the turn signals lit when the parking lights were on, so instead city lights were used. My speculative guess is that they were a way to light the front of the car without having potentially blinding headlights on in city settings, making it easy to be seen while still allowing pedestrians and other drivers to not be blinded, same as our parking lights here.

For both coupes and sedans, there is a hole in the inner reflective bowl that serves as a cutout for the bulb. It isn't the high beam bulb, but instead a small 5W bulb that fits into that cutout through the back of the housing and twists in. It has its own bulb holder and wiring that goes to the LCM, and would be activated by turning the light switch to the parking light or headlight position.

I can't speak for coupes, but for sedans with Xenons here in the U.S., only the ZKW headlight housings have the cutouts in the housing itself. AL Xenon housings have to be drilled out on the housing side of things. I'm not sure what holes the halogen housings have.

I did the retrofit on my ZHP and love it as an alternative to the angel eyes that everyone else runs.
    Here's an example pic of how the European setup is - turn signal lights are completely off while the headlights are on and city lights illuminated. Note, my inner bowls are yellow, making the city light presence more pronounced.

20140825-011 by botond.pal, on Flickr
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I definitely have seen that hole. I used it to wire up power and ground to my bi-xenon projector right into the pins of the high beam, heh.

Thankfully I discovered the Porsche projectors are smaller and do low and high beam from a single element. They're also cheaper! I didn't like having money anyway.

I spent hours looking at that plug style and can’t find the female. These plugs are 4-pin. I can only find stuff 6-pin and greater or a 4-pin all in a line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have pictures of the face of the plug? instead of from the side?

To me, the pictures you showed look like they are the female ends and that you need the male ends?

I think Vas or someone else posted it, but what is the website that has the ZHP shift knob for ~$75?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I think Vas or someone else posted it, but what is the website that has the ZHP shift knob for ~$75?
    That price might have changed. He mentioned a code to use for add'l 10% off:
    https://www.thebmwminipartstore.com/shift-knobs

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMWMiniPartStore
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 791 of 823 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801 ... LastLast