Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dipstick Color

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Lol! I have the billet dipstick, little things like that make a difference to me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I finally got an answer.

The N46B20 dipstick is 57cm long from where the top plastic part starts right to the tip. From the top to the min. fill level it's 55cm, from the top to max. fill level it's 53cm.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I finally got an answer.

The N46B20 dipstick is 57cm long from where the top plastic part starts right to the tip. From the top to the min. fill level it's 55cm, from the top to max. fill level it's 53cm.
    that's great information, thanks for chasing it. I'm trying to think of something I've got that measure cm more than a ruler.... I may take a shot at comparing it in inches tomorrow and will advise:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    that's great information, thanks for chasing it. I'm trying to think of something I've got that measure cm more than a ruler.... I may take a shot at comparing it in inches tomorrow and will advise:
    lol your measuring tape doesn't have metric units? Oh, you 'muricans
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    lol your measuring tape doesn't have metric units? Oh, you 'muricans
    Well, some people can't even measure correctly in metric lol I had to deal with this with a customer recently trying to design something for him in CAD. He gave me metric units that were off by like 5-10mm. He said he only measures in imperial normally. When I told him to measure it that way, it was exact wtf. It was the same measuring tape.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Well, some people can't even measure correctly in metric lol I had to deal with this with a customer recently trying to design something for him in CAD. He gave me metric units that were off by like 5-10mm. He said he only measures in imperial normally. When I told him to measure it that way, it was exact wtf. It was the same measuring tape.
    lol how does that even happen? At least for me I could do imperial with a ruler, it just sucks because I have to think about the fractions. Metric is just reading sections of 10 mm, within each cm, so much more straightforward.

Over here it's mostly in metric, even in Detroit the big 3 all work in metric. But you do get the occasional old-style company here, I've sent drawings in metric, only for them to respond back saying "can you re-send the drawing with imperial dimensions as well" then every single dimension has to be dual-dimensioned
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

oh, I'm with ya!

As an Engineer, I've worked in manufacturing all my life, and everything is metric (which of course is simple and much better). But around the house, the only measuring devices are imperial sadly
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    As an Engineer, I've worked in manufacturing all my life, and everything is metric (which of course is simple and much better). But around the house, the only measuring devices are imperial sadly
    Stanley (& others) make tape measures with metric markings.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...-726/203725256
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Stanley (& others) make tape measures with metric markings.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...-726/203725256
    Thanks John. Seems every measuring device at home is used for home projects/renovations, always in feet or inches, or even yards. It's time I owned your suggested tape measure!
    Pete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast