Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    The Firehawks don't seem to be as popular here (from searching this thread) as with F3x owners. They state 80% of the performance of the PSS for 50% the cost. We had the A/S 3 and 3+ on my wife's E46 & they did well, but she's not carving the corners!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I'm on my 3rd set of Firehawks. I just keep coming back to them because of the price to performance ratio. They aren't far behind the PS4 in terms of grip. They also do well even after extended abuse. I haven't been able to get them to overheat. I'm in NC and I can use them all year long. Wet performance is excellent too. The only time I have to avoid driving is when it snows, so maybe one or two days a year. I usually get around 15-20k miles out of a set, though you can get up to 30k if you drive normally and not like a maniac.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

This is what I'm struggling with - not that I want to cheap out on tires, but the Firehawks seem to get really good reviews. They don't have any kind of treadlife warranty, which is a bit surprising, but otherwise seems like a really good value.

What makes you feel like you are cheaping out with Firehawks? If you don't like the Firestone brand, remember that the Firehawks are Bridgestone RE003 tires.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Mainly because I’ve always bought Michelins or Contis when I had to buy.

Decided to order the Firehawks. Discount Tire was willing to meet and beat Firestone and is much closer to my house. $575 installed — too good to pass up. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
    Decided to order the Firehawks. Discount Tire was willing to meet and beat Firestone and is much closer to my house. $575 installed — too good to pass up. Stay tuned!
    Wow, $575 installed?! that's the price of 2 PS4s...

Keep us posted with your impressions.

Was supposed to have them installed yesterday, but wound up sick. Decided to stay home out of an abundance of caution. Rescheduled for Friday.

Michelin has come out with the Pilot Sport All Season 4. Supposedly they're pretty impressive. The new base Corvette comes equipped with them.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
    Was supposed to have them installed yesterday, but wound up sick. Decided to stay home out of an abundance of caution. Rescheduled for Friday.
    Hey 28firefighter thanks for bumping an old thread. Any updates with the Firehawks?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast