Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hybrid View

great review - thanks for taking your time to be thorough. i was on the fence about quaife vs clutch-type - not on the fence anymore. now, to save the funds... (speaking of which, the quaife can be had from diffsonline.com).

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    great review - thanks for taking your time to be thorough. i was on the fence about quaife vs clutch-type - not on the fence anymore. now, to save the funds... (speaking of which, the quaife can be had from diffsonline.com).

peter

Wow. Its over $3000 on their website. Expensive upgrade. The OP is lucky his car came with this.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Wow. Its over $3000 on their website. Expensive upgrade. The OP is lucky his car came with this.
    yeah, it is expensive - $2700 when you subtract the core charge. the 2-clutch is $1900, and i notice on their website that they now have a 'diffsonline helical' which sits in the middle at $2300. hmmm.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    So, hypothetically, let's say I wanna do donuts in the parking lot.

Would it do it? (hypothetically)
    Lol it most certainly would. Before I put the new tires on I pretty much shredded the old ones on a pad learning how deep it would drift and how well it does donuts.... Very well I found out lol. But once again balance is everything. Overload one wheel too much and it'll try to snap you back in line .
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I was blessed in many ways with this car when I bought it. The previous and only other owner babied it and it was his garage toy. Then he had another kid and had to get rid of it. But he's getting an M5 now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yeah, it is expensive - $2700 when you subtract the core charge. the 2-clutch is $1900, and i notice on their website that they now have a 'diffsonline helical' which sits in the middle at $2300. hmmm.

peter
    Like I said, do your research . I am all for finding an alternative to direct other members to as the price on this diff is a hefty one. I will say the PO and I have put this thing through it's paces and it still does it's job with no complaints.

Other members with other diff's and experience please feel free to chime in and give your opinions. A review is nothing without good comparisons and alternatives brought by the readers.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben